• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASTONISHING TALES #25 CGC 9.6

126 posts in this topic

So name another BA character outside of Wolverine and Punisher who has had more exposure than DL?
screwy.gif Just say that you like the character and leave it at that! sumo.gif893blahblah.gif
Where's the fun in that? That would be like Ian saying Chrstian has all the DC's. screwy.gif
It's Christine! Or...that the Superman/Bradman book is correctly valued at $4. Personally, they should value it at $10,000, as I don't think he has it! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif
I meant Christine, just couldn't spell properly. Must be Brain's influence. That Bradman book could be $1,000,000. He's the only one who wants it. confused-smiley-013.gif
What would happen if the guide price increases and one comes up for sale at guide and it's more than what he wants to pay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I could never understand people wanting a book to guide for more $$ if they need the book! screwy.gif
About as rare as a YR203 in NM condition? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
You're speaking to the wrong 100 pager collector. Incidentally, got a PM from him earlier in the week! tongue.gif
Did he complain about the price of what 100 pagers are selling for?
Nope...just asked about why Jason Ewert was touting his copy of Batman 258 CGC 9.6 as the sole 9.6 while I had one in my registry. 893whatthe.gif
Does he not realize the census may not have been updated? insane.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So name another BA character outside of Wolverine and Punisher who has had more exposure than DL?

Ghost Rider.

That's all you could come up with? sleeping.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif That's the first character that popped into my head when I read your question. Was I supposed to come up with more?

Ghost Rider.

confused-smiley-013.gif That's the first character that popped into my head when I read your question. Was I supposed to come up with more?

there's that black guy...he fight vampires...immune to their bite...what's his name again...TOD #10s hoarded across the land because of 'im...

i'm sure his name will come to me. i think those giant wraparound glasses he wore have affected my cerebral cortex in some manner

Ghost Rider.

Nightcrawler

Storm

Colossus

Blade

Black Lightning

He-Man

The Crow

New Teen Titans (any)

Cerebus

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (any)

Moon Knight

Swamp Thing

Demon

New Gods

Firestorm

Booster Gold

..shall I continue? acclaim.gif

Ghost Rider.

Nightcrawler

Storm

Colossus

Blade

Black Lightning

He-Man

The Crow

New Teen Titans (any)

Cerebus

Moon Knight

Swamp Thing

Demon

New Gods

Firestorm

Booster Gold

I guess I should have interpreted DL's question as "Name alot of Bronze Age characters..."

Ghost Rider.

there's that black guy...he fight vampires...immune to their bite...what's his name again...TOD #10s hoarded across the land because of 'im...

i'm sure his name will come to me. i think those giant wraparound glasses he wore have affected my cerebral cortex in some manner

Oh yeah, you mean the guy who has had several different titles under his own name? that guy? what was it again? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nightcrawler - never had his own ongoing series

Storm - never had her own ongoing series

Colossus - never had his own ongoing series

Blade - never had his own ongoing series.

Black Lightning - had 2 series never went past issue 13.

He-Man - cartoon character, doesn't count

The Crow - what? please. like there was any interest before the movie.

New Teen Titans (any) - that's a group

Cerebus - you might have acase with one, but I doubt a movie will be made.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (any)- another group.

Moon Knight - About the same number of issue/titles, but again no movie deal.

Swamp Thing - although I didn't specify I meant Marvel, but good choice.

Demon - barely would qualify, again no movie deal.

New Gods - again, another group

Firestorm - one series only.

Booster Gold- 27_laughing.gif 1 title is all? this one was a joke right?

hardly a comparable list FD. Perhaps you need to rethink it.

Nightcrawler

Storm

Colossus

Blade

Black Lightning

He-Man

The Crow

New Teen Titans (any)

Cerebus

Moon Knight

Swamp Thing

Demon

New Gods

Firestorm

Booster Gold

Oh, and Luke Cage and also Iron Fist.

Just responding to the first entry on your list, DL. I think you perhaps didn't phrase your question as you thought you had, because:

doesn't really hinge on ever having had an ongoing series. Nightcrawler has been featured almost every month in one of the most popular comics since the 70's, and was just featured in a #1 blockbuster movie.

And your dismissial is immaterial anyway since Nightcrawler currently does have an ongoing series.

tongue.gif

Storm - never had her own ongoing series

Colossus - never had his own ongoing series

Blade - never had his own ongoing series.

Oh, btw. I don't know if you really want to use "ongoing series" as a factor, cause Silver Sable had an ongoing series that lasted longer than Deathlok's.

tongue.gif

Bradley you are pretty delusional if you think any of those characters have made it big in the Marvel Universe. The only reason Nightcrawler is known is because of being affiliated with the X-men. Outside of that he is nothing. Excalibur sucked as well. His current series has yet to be seen if it will succeed, although its a step in the right direction.

and Currin, grow up with WBN, one series. lame.

My point was that if you take deathlok's 3 limited series, his own ongoing series, his first 11 issues of AT, his numerous guest appearances, and his own upcoming movie. He stacks up well against any BA character. The only 2 characters that I reasonably see that would top him would be Wolverine and Punisher.

Where does the Warlock stand up in your scheme of things...although his origins trace back to the Silver Age it was his BA character that is most memorable and with the artwork of Jim Starlin and reoccurring prominance in the Marvel universe I would say that he eclipses Deathlok by a longshot... wink.gif

I would agree that Warlock is a very influential character in the Marvel U. Could it be argued that he is more popular than DL? Yes. As you said Warlock came out in the SA, so I don't consider it a fair comparison though.

I would agree that Warlock is a very influential character in the Marvel U. Could it be argued that he is more popular than DL? Yes. As you said Warlock came out in the SA, so I don't consider it a fair comparison though.
sleeping.gif

see, when you said "exposure," i wasn't thinking we were limited to just the comic realm.

Sabretooth

Iron Fist

Ghost Rider

Dazzler

i'm only half-joking about that last one. she had a nice forty or so ish run. a disco chick on roller skates, and she's around for six years. more than some others could say

see, when you said "exposure," i wasn't thinking we were limited to just the comic realm.

Sabretooth

Iron Fist

Ghost Rider

Dazzler

i'm only half-joking about that last one. she had a nice forty or so ish run. a disco chick on roller skates, and she's around for six years. more than some others could say

again,

Sabretooth - never had his own ongoing series.

Iron Fist - never really had his own ongoing series.

Ghost Rider - valid character comparison.

Dazzler - yeahok.gif

Sabretooth

Iron Fist

Ghost Rider

Dazzler

again,

Sabretooth - never had his own ongoing series.

Iron Fist - never really had his own ongoing series.

Ghost Rider - valid character comparison.

Dazzler - yeahok.gif

They all suck! yeahok.gif