• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant Man Movie Review?

21 posts in this topic

And so I watched it today and thought it was actually not too bad.

Love the fight scenes between Ant Man and XXXXXX (I'm not gonna spoil it for those who haven't watch). And I especially love the timely humour inserted within the show. Pretty outstanding and perfectly done up. Kinda reminded me of GOTG and I wonder if it's gonna be this comedic for all Marvel movies in time to come....

One thing for sure, there's gonna be a Part Two.

And over here, they give out free postcards with the movie! keching!

AntMan_zpsjodnbom6.jpg

So, what's your thought? :)

And so I watched it today and thought it was actually not too bad.

Now I'm extremely worried, as pre-release CGC Forum reviews on junk like Ghost Rider, Elektra and Fantastic Four was through the roof positive, with everyone artificially gushing how great these movies were in self-serving fanboy reviews...

Just went to it. Had a great time. My wife and daughter couldn't stop talking about how much they loved it, which is rare for them when we go to superhero movies.

All the acting was really good.

As much as I liked it, I feel I may have oversaturated myself with spoilers and antman news. I need to stop reading every little bit of news that comes out, so the movie can surprise me more.

I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10. I think my wife & daughter would give it an 8.0-9.0.

One thought that hit me afterwards was how much I'd like to have seen Edgar wright's treatment of the movie.

It was entertaining. It definitely has the touch of being a Paul Rudd movie. It was fun like Guardians but not as great as Guardians. Don't get me wrong, it was good it wasn't great. I do not feel like I wasted my money by seeing it.

I did feel that the -script reflected on the fact that Marvel had not at that point in time secured Spider-man and that they were lining up Rudd's Ant Man to take the inexperienced - superhero angle that Spider-Man will eventually take.

I did feel that the -script reflected on the fact that Marvel had not at that point in time secured Spider-man and that they were lining up Rudd's Ant Man to take the inexperienced - superhero angle that Spider-Man will eventually take.

Yep.

So I just got back from the 7:00 showing....movie is brilliant, lots of stuff I wasn't expecting. Rudd played it perfectly, I laughed out loud at least 20 times, but it was more subtle than Guardians. Doesn't follow the same tired formula, and I think that's why my 13 year old daughter said to me as soon as the credits started, now that was a good movie.

I think this one is going to grow, and I don't think MP #47 and #48 have seen their best days yet.

Jim

So I just got back from the 7:00 showing....movie is brilliant, lots of stuff I wasn't expecting. Rudd played it perfectly, I laughed out loud at least 20 times, but it was more subtle than Guardians. Doesn't follow the same tired formula, and I think that's why my 13 year old daughter said to me as soon as the credits started, now that was a good movie.

I think this one is going to grow, and I don't think MP #47 and #48 have seen their best days yet.

Jim

Good, cause I'm too lazy to have mine graded.

Jim

I think he's happy because he has a copy to sell. :baiting:

hey guys. first off, my apologies for starting this under the wrong header. Guess I got too carried away.

Wasn't really anticipating the movie release actually...didn't even know it was premiering this weekend till I spotted it by chance while passing by the cinema and tot we should catch the midnight showtime.

heh.

I'll be more careful next time. :P

Jim

I think he's happy because he has a copy to sell. :baiting:

Yup. A collector who has the right movie books is a happy collector these days. lol