• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite "Show Me Your Fanzines & win a Cigar" Thread !

136 posts in this topic

This is a shameless plug for our very own "Dad-to-be" PrecodeKeith's very own Horror Comics Review Fanzine:

I stumbled by chance upon a page at Bud Plant's website, found a couple of books I wanted as well as a complete set (Low stock, act now!) of Horror Comics Review # 1-4. 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

$14.99 plus S&H.

Check it out here Link

Better hurry though, low stock-act now! sumo.gif

hi.gif

Hey Oct.,

I've seen those before, but not looked in one yet. What year and what are they like? popcorn.gif

Fairly recent. I am not at home right now, but I think they are from 2002 or after. They have stories, recaps, and cartoons....all about Modok.

This is a shameless plug for our very own "Dad-to-be" PrecodeKeith's very own Horror Comics Review Fanzine:

I stumbled by chance upon a page at Bud Plant's website, found a couple of books I wanted as well as a complete set (Low stock, act now!) of Horror Comics Review # 1-4. 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

$14.99 plus S&H.

Check it out here Link

Better hurry though, low stock-act now! sumo.gif

hi.gif

Thanks for the plug!!! flowerred.gif

What about the mini-fanzine, "It's A Fanzine," which came out several years ago? Anybody see many of those? I have a few, but don't ever see them for sale. I found mine in a shop in Charleston, W.Va. that has been closed for a few years. They're pretty cool, and contain original art by S. Clarke Hawbaker.

Mike Browning

No stain!!!

If I remember right, after the initial sale a bunch of that issue were placed in storage. The ones packed away got slight water damage. Your copy must have been one not put in backstock.

Sorry, originally posted in wrong thread...let's try this one instead.

Picked up a couple of interesting fanzines this week.

"The Comic World" #8 & #16

They don't have original art from any "famous" comic artist...but they were put together by Robert Overstreet's buddies, Harry Thomas and Robert Jennings.

#8 is dated 1969 and has an extensive look at Blackhawk and Military Comics....along with Overstreet's praise article on Wally Wood...and the final article has a great title, "The True and Complete Story of How Bucky Barnes Saved America from the Insideous Menace of Axis Domination, or, Zap! You're a Nazi Spy".

cw8.jpg

#16 is dated 1978 and includes a review of Sheena, Queen of the Jungle & Rex the Wonder Dog. What a combination....I'm not sure that they should have been reviewed in the same issue.

cw16.jpg

I think I like Harry's effort on Blackhawk the best.

Graphic Fantasy

Erik Larsens fanzine...only 3 issues, #1 is the unofficial 1st appearance of the Savage Dragon....very tough to complete a set as only around 500 or each exist!!!!

ScannedImage.jpg[/img]

ScannedImage-2-1.jpg[/img]

ScannedImage-3-1.jpg[/img]