• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well haven't said much about this but sure could use some positive vibes/prayers

87 posts in this topic

I know I haven't told many people this, but last saturday my sister, her fiance, my niece and an unborn child were killed by a drunk driver with a long rap sheet. It's been a tough week and today is the wake, tomorrow is the funeral. I sure could use some kind words/prayers to get through the day or 2, as well as my family could. The news station here in Louisville KY aired the story which hurt a lot, but hopefully it awakens people to the affects driving while intoxicated can cause, especially to the family of victims killed in such a senseless way.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29568066/a-louisville-family-was-killed-in-a-dwi-crash-in-new-jersey-last-weekend

My God. There's nothing worse than the loss of a loved one. Whether it's suddenly or after a long illness, there's a void and a darkness at the center of it that is hard to escape. The only thing I can say is, every day will get easier (even just slightly) than the day before it.

Remember the good moments, the time together. Treasure the memories amidst the tragedy.

Sorry to hear this

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time

A big reason I don't drink is I drive 95% me and my wife go out. I never want to be behind the shell if I am not 100 percent

My God. There's nothing worse than the loss of a loved one. Whether it's suddenly or after a long illness, there's a void and a darkness at the center of it that is hard to escape. The only thing I can say is, every day will get easier (even just slightly) than the day before it.

Remember the good moments, the time together. Treasure the memories amidst the tragedy.

I agree with all of this.

I will also say that I believe that in spite of the darkness, there is always a silver lining somewhere. It's just not always obvious and sometimes it takes time to find it.

Hopefully at the very least this prevents someone else from drinking and driving and creating another tragedy.

Thanks guys.......I was at work saturday and got the call to come home as the suffolk county police back home contacted my brother. At first they said they were okay, but within 30 minutes or so the story changed. I feel like an empty, dark, bitter man with a lot of hatred right now. I know saturday I was so sad I thought about hanging myself. Then Sunday, Mon, and Tuesday I didn't leave my bed for most of the day. Wednesday I finally got the strength to get out and drive a bit....but its been tough. It's like living a nightmare and not being able to wake up from it. I had just bought my baby niece a my little pony bubble blower friday and was going to send my sister pics of it, but didn't as I figured I'd see them saturday night after work. I texted and spoke to her friday at 10pm seeing if she could bring me back a slice or pie of stuffed pizza my friends pizzeria made. Long Island pizza was always my favorite. She had texted me she was bringing italian rita's ices(she use to work for them), and mocha cake(my mom and I love so much), and it just wasn't meant to be =(

I know I haven't told many people this, but last saturday my sister, her fiance, my niece and an unborn child were killed by a drunk driver with a long rap sheet. It's been a tough week and today is the wake, tomorrow is the funeral. I sure could use some kind words/prayers to get through the day or 2, as well as my family could. The news station here in Louisville KY aired the story which hurt a lot, but hopefully it awakens people to the affects driving while intoxicated can cause, especially to the family of victims killed in such a senseless way.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29568066/a-louisville-family-was-killed-in-a-dwi-crash-in-new-jersey-last-weekend

That is utterly sorrowful. You have my prayers, and I will pray for you also tomorrow when attending mass.

God bless. :foryou: