• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seth Meyers...comics fan?

16 posts in this topic

I read an article is the Wall Street Journal today about Seth Meyers interviewing authors on his show. They had this picture of him in his dressing room. Can anyone identify the art on the wall?? I can also identify some rather fine scotch there on the table to the right...(one is a Lagavulin 16...pretty sure)

Seth_Meyer.jpg

Spoke briefly and took a photo of Myers and Fred at NYCC 2011. I have seen a few SNL guys walking around the floor.

Seth%20and%20Fred%20NYCC2011%20A.jpg

Consider his age. He grew up in the 80s, and graduated high school around 1991-92. Who was the most popular artist during that time frame? That second frame from the left especially sure looks like that artist's kind of work, though I can't see it altogether clearly.

He's been pretty open about his comics fandom. IIRC, he's particularly big on Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. He was just at SDCC, where he bought some OA. So yeah, safe to say, he's a fan.

He's been pretty open about his comics fandom. IIRC, he's particularly big on Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. He was just at SDCC, where he bought some OA. So yeah, safe to say, he's a fan.

You must be mistaken Felix. It`s been authoritatively stated many times that celebrities DO NOT collect comic books or comic art. EVER.

You must be mistaken Felix. It`s been authoritatively stated many times that celebrities DO NOT collect comic books or comic art. EVER.

lol

Your consistent and relentless ball-busting cracks me up. You never miss a chance.

But you know what Gene means...the celebrities in the hobby are casual collectors, they're not the ones winning record-setting auctions.

(However, I did hear at SDCC that one of the more active OA collecting celebs has now graduated to six figure territory on his buys. For whatever that's worth.)

Well, he is executive producer (all 20 eps) and has 5 writing credits on The Awesomes on Hulu. If you haven't seen it. it's good stuff. He's obviously a super hero comic nerd.

BTW: The best superhero on that show is Black Irish.

-Terry

As if having a few modern OA pages on the wall means anything. Let me know when Meyers starts buying $657K McSpideys and Herb Trimpes. lol So far I'm batting 1.000 betting on the usual suspects. :baiting:

Crossover appeal in the OA hobby is very limited, even for the big pieces.

lol

Your consistent and relentless ball-busting cracks me up. You never miss a chance.

But you know what Gene means...the celebrities in the hobby are casual collectors, they're not the ones winning record-setting auctions.

(However, I did hear at SDCC that one of the more active OA collecting celebs has now graduated to six figure territory on his buys. For whatever that's worth.)

There's no doubt the individual in question is a real collector. But, FWIW, I later heard that the piece that allegedly sold to him at the SDCC was actually sold to someone else, and at a lower price. :gossip:

He is a comics fan, and as noted above wrote the one-shot Spiderman: The Short Halloween with Bill Hader with art by Kevin Maguire.

I saw Kevin at the Montreal show and asked him about the project and he said that Seth is cool and actually invited him to a few SNL shows and after-parties, which apparently were amazing. lol

If you look at Meyers' Twitter account, you'll see his avatar is a Maguire sketch of Blue Beetle that he made for him.