• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOU VERSUS CGC - Part II: Ka'anga #11

24 posts in this topic

PART II:

Folks seem to like the game, so let's continue....Here is my original disclaimer for new players:

" I've noticed that a lot of folks have had guesses wildly different from CGC results and decided to start a series of posts to help close the gap. At any rate, it should be fun to see how close you are.

My collection is primarily golden age, so that is what I'll be posting by-and-large, although I have (had) a handful of Silver keys that I'll post for fun.

All of the books I post here are former-CGC books (because that's the way I like'em) and I will provide high resolution scans of the raw book and, after at least 10 15 guesses, I will post the label. Grades vary from low to high. "

Links to earlier parts:

Part I: Exciting Comics #57

Part II: Ka'anga #11

Part III: Strange Mysteries #1

Part IV: Planet comics #62

The real grade is......(no changing your guesses!)

Fiction%20House%20-%20Kaanaga%20011%203_zps8jc9nh3z.jpg

And Now: Ka'anga #11

Fiction%20House%20-%20Kaanaga%20011%201_zpseepdqw4z.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Kaanaga%20011%202_zpswglzbjnv.jpg

Since I'm the first to answer, do I get a NO-PRIZE if my grade matches CGC's?

Joking but yeah....seriously, I'm getting a kick out of this thread.

Those who guess correctly get the wonderful prize of knowing they were right all along. What could be better than that? (shrug)

:news:

aaaaaand the real grade is......(no changing your guesses!)

The real grade is......(no changing your guesses!)

Fiction%20House%20-%20Kaanaga%20011%203_zps8jc9nh3z.jpg

Part III coming soon..... :golfclap:

Links to earlier parts:

Part I: Exciting Comics #57

Part II: Ka'anga #11

Part III: Strange Mysteries #1

Part IV: Planet Comics #62

Part V: Wonder Comics #12

I would've missed by a mile. Do those chunk off the back cover edge go through all the way to the centerfold???

They must have put it down as a marvel chipping type of defect. I love these types of contest but they completely make me second guess which books I should submit for grading.