• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Church book

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

While it seems I have waited almost my entire life to contribute something of value to the Golden Age forum, I present to you my first and only Golden Age comic:

Texan # 2 CGC 9.2 WHITE pages - Edgar Church copy:

Texan2-Church-nolabel-bk-60.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Apologies for the cross-post from the WonderCon report thread, and thanks to Steve Borock who helped me pick this beautiful book out from Redbeard's slabbed inventory at WonderCon!

It is a great cover, Jim! (I was there when he was choosing between a couple or three but this one DID stand out!). Very rich colors and just beautiful QP. Seriously, I think I will do the same next convention (hopefully SD). Pick up an affordable Church book in nice CGC grade. Maybe a funny animal one! I love the idea of having a Church book!

Congrats on your first golden age and church copy.

I wish I'd bought a few of the lesser known titles in the mid-1980's in Denver at the monthly Mile High Store Auctions. Someone always had more money than I did.

I still don't have a Church Copy.

Hi guys,

While it seems I have waited almost my entire life to contribute something of value to the Golden Age forum, I present to you my first and only Golden Age comic:

Texan2-Church-nolabel-bk-60.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Apologies for the cross-post from the WonderCon report thread, and thanks to Steve Borock who helped me pick this beautiful book out from Redbeard's slabbed inventory at WonderCon!

That book is a real beauty, and the cover is awesome. Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you want a heavenly copy, you have to go to Church. angel.gif

Hi guys,

Press it up to a 9.6. poke2.gif

stooges.gif