• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

Hes a mix of Iggy Pop and Ric Flair with a whole lot of meshuga

When the powers that be at Marvel decided Peter Parker needed a bachelor party before his Shea Stadium wedding, there was only one person that could handle the job. Send for Carbo!

karma is a b^&^%ch, before the magazine went out of business i had a subscription to their monthly mag and 2 mos into my 2 year deal they stopped printing their book so what goes around comes around.....

didn't you get your subscription money back?

Would it be wise to invest in Wizard stock now? Its tempting, because they're close to their 52 week low.

Is it money you can afford to lose 100% of?

Because it wouldn't be shocking to see them go under. Their financials are not good, and their business sense seems to be lacking.

They may pull back and focus on their profitable cons and stop trying to expand foolishly, in which case you could do well from here.

However, I recommending investing in much more stable and proven businesses though.

They've got nothing to sell if the wolf comes knocking at the door for payment. Why would anyone buy a WW show when they could build their own superior product while watching the competition fizzle out? Buying a show isn't much more than buying a short term non-compete.

They've got nothing to sell if the wolf comes knocking at the door for payment. Why would anyone buy a WW show when they could build their own superior product while watching the competition fizzle out? Buying a show isn't much more than buying a short term non-compete.

yep. the problem is their "brand recognition" is equally as bad as it is recognizable.

Gives me the impression of a fast talking used car salesman whereby your Spidey sense would be tingling like mad every time he opens his mouth. lol

Sometimes, too much passion sends the wrong message. hm

Stock (WIZD) down another 42% today after getting pummeled 28% last Friday on no apparent news. Full disclosure I have (fortunately at this point), a very small position in the stock.

:gossip: It's because they gave Carbo a TV Show. I'd sell all my stock after finding that out! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/contv-launches-original-series-comic-100000789.html

So Mike finally got an actual show? Some jokster on here was quite prescient.

156733.jpg.123e816fd34b3f11e614d1ed2d6383c4.jpg

This kind of reminds me of the Creation shows some years back.

If I recall, they had a couple successful big shows and a few smaller locals, started growing and tossing shows up everywhere, and eventually overgrew and went "thud".

Anyone else have more history on them?

Gives me the impression of a fast talking used car salesman whereby your Spidey sense would be tingling like mad every time he opens his mouth. lol

That's my impression too. Passionate? Sure. Used car salesman about to screw you in any possible deal? Absolutely. I wouldn't trust a word out of his mouth if there was any even discussion of a deal.

That's my impression too. Passionate? Sure. Used car salesman about to screw you in any possible deal? Absolutely. I wouldn't trust a word out of his mouth if there was any even discussion of a deal.

I've done many a deal with Mikey Carbo and never had an issue or a regret.

Have you ever done one?

This kind of reminds me of the Creation shows some years back.

If I recall, they had a couple successful big shows and a few smaller locals, started growing and tossing shows up everywhere, and eventually overgrew and went "thud".

Anyone else have more history on them?

Creation has been around since about 1970. They stopped doing comic shows a long time ago to concentrate on Star Trek and celebrity shows. These days, they do about a dozen shows a year, with themes like Star Trek, Vampires, Supernatural and that sort. Their Vegas Star Trek show is gigantic.

I've done many a deal with Mikey Carbo and never had an issue or a regret.

Have you ever done one?

Nope. As I said, it's an impression. I've talked to him & been around him when he's done other deals with other sellers/buyers. But I haven't done business with him. It's just an impression for me. He just sets off alarm bells in my head when I hear him wheeling & dealing. And I trust my gut when it comes to who I want to do business with. Even if it means I miss out on something. Not saying it's right or even saying anything about his character.

He's got a lot of charm. He's also a salesman thru & thru and I don't like being "sold" anything. So maybe that's where the alarm bells are from. I prefer to be left alone to find what I want & decide without someone trying to sell me something.