• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinity War = Infinite Bore

91 posts in this topic

Same here, Peach. It's just the cool thing to hate on at the moment.

This is the type of comment I find frustrating.

Hence my post about people being allowed to have different opinions. Not because its deemed "cool" to dislike Age of Ultron.

AoU had its moments, I will probably watch it again but for me personally it had problems that Avengers did not have and I would not put AoU in my top 5 MCU movies.

I disagree with the OP regarding the upcoming Avengers movies, I am still very much looking forward to them and also seeing the actors continue to portray these roles. If Marvel continues to make movies for the next 20 years then I would also be very happy to watch them all even though I've never read a Marvel comic in my life.

People who like AoU need to accept that others do not.

People who dislike AoU need to accept others do.

Let the hate flow through you.

Same here, Peach. It's just the cool thing to hate on at the moment.

This is the type of comment I find frustrating.

Hence my post about people being allowed to have different opinions. Not because its deemed "cool" to dislike Age of Ultron.

AoU had its moments, I will probably watch it again but for me personally it had problems that Avengers did not have and I would not put AoU in my top 5 MCU movies.

I disagree with the OP regarding the upcoming Avengers movies, I am still very much looking forward to them and also seeing the actors continue to portray these roles. If Marvel continues to make movies for the next 20 years then I would also be very happy to watch them all even though I've never read a Marvel comic in my life.

People who like AoU need to accept that others do not.

People who dislike AoU need to accept others do.

Let the hate flow through you.

Yup. Not fire or ice, but like lukewarm water.

I did say when it came out that AOU was good but it wasn't 'great'. I liked Ant-Man a bit more... but that was all personal preference. AoU felt like it was just leading us to the next part. However, AoU was definitely entertaining and that was all I wanted.

I got out of reading comics just after Infinity Gauntlet,did not really read much new stuff when I came back around 2008...sorry,not just reading... collecting,to be clear.

Today I found a copy of Infinity 2013? Not posititive if it is war,just Infinity ect #5 and now am hooked.

It was in one of those urban free book boxes that have been popping up.After I find some beat up Reade copies of the rest,i plan on putting the run in said box...one at a time or together,im not sure.

Off topic maybe...but positive,right?

This beat up copy grabbed my interest..hopefully I can get someone elses!

2 words: Russo Brothers

To be fair... You have a very good point there.

Don't lose faith in your original topic there, buddy.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier had some pretty cerebral moments within the action scenes that seperated it from other Marvel properties mind you.

But, it also degenerated into having them go on too long (did he need to see him down an aircraft just after the brilliant elevator escape scene?), unsuspenseful CG 2nd unit shots (that whole aerial helicarrier sequence felt tacked on to Bucky and Cap's personal battle), Fury conveniently escaping in a tunnel under his car wreck with his laser, etc.

2 words: Russo Brothers

To be fair... You have a very good point there.

Don't lose faith in your original topic there, buddy.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier had some pretty cerebral moments within the action scenes that seperated it from other Marvel properties mind you.

But, it also degenerated into having them go on too long (did he need to see him down an aircraft just after the brilliant elevator escape scene?), unsuspenseful CG 2nd unit shots (that whole aerial helicarrier sequence felt tacked on to Bucky and Cap's personal battle), Fury conveniently escaping in a tunnel under his car wreck with his laser, etc.

Oh I'm not losing faith, I take each movie on it's own merits, I walked out of Cap2 thinking that as a whole it was a great movie. Just like IM1 and GotG. As a whole AoU was poor, not as annoyingly bad as IM3 but poor nevertheless.

My whole contention with this thread is that the roadmap as it's set out right now takes us on exactly the same path for the Avengers. Thanos as the villian tease has been there for years now, it might have been ok to have him as the main guy in the second Avengers film but we won't see him now for another couple of years.

It's too late, that ship has sailed. My nephew was totally psyched to see who he was at the end of the first Avengers and I explained it to him.

Now... He genuinely couldn't give a dried plum. The ship has sailed.

Cap3 though, I think that'll do gangbusters.