• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinity War = Infinite Bore

91 posts in this topic

Knock knock... Where has the OP gone? hm

Went to see Maggie.

Total change of pace for a zombie flick, really enjoyed it.

Anyways back to the point....

I was the first on this forum to call out AoU as a poor film, and the future consensus will show I'm right, I take no pleasure in it, I wanted it to be awesome - it's not.

In fact the more I look back on it... The worse it becomes, whereas IM1, GotG, Cap2 have all stayed really cool in my head and are genuinely 'good' films.

I'm calling the Infinity storyline a mistake right here and now, I take no pleasure in that either.

But I'll be right again.

As to what they should do? Well I'm just a movie goer not a maker so that's not my bag to know... But a few suggestions, looking back on the good MCUl films, what makes them good?

Simple - Characters you enjoy watching, plots that make sense on their own terms, great action.

First off, recast Ironmsn as he's too old. Same for Nick Fury. Same for Hawkeye. Drop any romantic entanglements between the heroes, Hulk and Black Widow? Ugh.

Get a worthwhile villain. Loki - good. Robots - bad.

Purple guy no one outside comics has any clue about - awful.

Film length, anything over an hour and three quarters is too long.

More than one film to tell a story? No thanks. No one wanted to see three hobbit films either....

Went to see Maggie.

I was the first on this forum to call out AoU as a poor film, and the future consensus will show I'm right, I take no pleasure in it, I wanted it to be awesome - it's not.

In fact the more I look back on it... The worse it becomes, whereas IM1, GotG, Cap2 have all stayed really cool in my head and are genuinely 'good' films.

I'm calling the Infinity storyline a mistake right here and now, I take no pleasure in that either.

But I'll be right again.

As to what they should do? Well I'm just a movie goer not a maker so that's not my bag to know... But a few suggestions, looking back on the good MCUl films, what makes them good?

Simple - Characters you enjoy watching, plots that make sense on their own terms, great action.

First off, recast Ironmsn as he's too old. Same for Nick Fury. Same for Hawkeye. Drop any romantic entanglements between the heroes, Hulk and Black Widow? Ugh.

More than one film to tell a story? No thanks. No one wanted to see three hobbit films either....

you are not a lone wolf; i have to admit, i'm in total agreement.

Went to see Maggie.

But I'll be right again.

9V0J3Cr.gif

First off, recast Ironmsn as he's too old. Same for Nick Fury. Same for Hawkeye.

Wrong on all accounts....AOU was a superior movie to Avengers in every single facet. And no recasting is needed. Nobody is too old, they are just hitting their perfect stride and have become those characters.

Jim

Went to see Maggie.

But I'll be right again.

Uh... did anyone outside of comics know anything at all about Guardians of the Galaxy before it was released?

The problem with this thread is that it's not discussing or even stating an opinion - it feels like somebody dumped a bucket of acid in the pool for no reason other than to screw with the swimmers. :foryou:

Actually pools have to have muriatic acid poured in them to prevent algae.

The problem with this thread is that it's not discussing or even stating an opinion - it feels like somebody dumped a bucket of acid in the pool for no reason other than to screw with the swimmers. :foryou:

Actually pools have to have muriatic acid poured in them to prevent algae.

You win this round, Kav. :roflmao:

I loved evey movie so far.

IM2....I liked it

IM3....I liked it

Thor 1 and 2 liked them both

saw two days ago Ant Man and it was very cool too.

my take is that those are comic based movies, no need to think too much, just sit on the thrater and enjoy them.

I am sure I'll enjoy all the upcoming movies...

:applause:

I even enjoied the first Hulk flick :o

First off, recast Ironmsn as he's too old. Same for Nick Fury. Same for Hawkeye.

Wrong on all accounts....AOU was a superior movie to Avengers in every single facet. And no recasting is needed. Nobody is too old, they are just hitting their perfect stride and have become those characters.

Jim

I loved evey movie so far.

IM2....I liked it

IM3....I liked it

Thor 1 and 2 liked them both

saw two days ago Ant Man and it was very cool too.

my take is that those are comic based movies, no need to think too much, just sit on the thrater and enjoy them.

I am sure I'll enjoy all the upcoming movies...

I even enjoied the first Hulk flick :o

It has its moments.

I guess the question to be asked is this:

Do you want to see more superhero movies that you may or may not enjoy, or 400 movies a year where two random good looking people make half hearted attempts at fixing their comically broken relationship so they can smear pie on each others faces and live happily ever after? Haven't we seen enough of that?

Just enjoy the ride dude. You'll miss it when it's over.

I think its important to remember that what I post is purely my opinion, some people may agree with it and some people may not.

Just because AoU was lazy, poorly plotted, criminally badly edited and ultimately brought to the screen by a number of actors too old for the role doesn't mean its a personal attack on anyone who mistakenly thinks differently.

But there's thinking differently and living in a world of fantasy.

I'm happy to acknowledge a consensus and the consensus is that AoU wasn't as good as the first one. I don't really understand how anyone can genuinely see it in any other other way, if anyone here truthfully thinks AoU to be a superior film to Avengers or Cap2 or GotG then a meaningful discussion with them is pointless as their opinion is pretty much null and void

The likelihood is that the next two Avengers films will be a continuation of whats gone on before... After AoU that isn't a good idea.

I like superhero films, i've been watching any and all superhero films make it to the silver screen since Chris Reeve's first go. I want to see more superhero films.

I just dont want to see anymore IM3's or AoU.

Simple really.

No, not simple really. You came on here and crapped on a movie that's years away. With no footage or -script to discuss.

Thats what i genuinely don't get about some people on here... They seem to think that just because I have a negative opinion about some of the aspects of the MCU roadmap that's its a personal attack on all that you hold holy.

It's not, they're movies based on comics.

Some i liked, some were craptacular. I think (again, I think, as in my opinion) that they would be better future movies were they to rethink certain aspects.

How's that not simple?

Because it's essentially conjecture. You can certainly have a gut feeling based on recent results, but claiming failure prior to any evidence to support or refute your argument (which nobody has at this point since it's a purely theoretical piece of entertainment with no -script/plot/definitive casting/anything at all) is presumptuous & entirely conjecture.

Because it's essentially conjecture. You can certainly have a gut feeling based on recent results, but claiming failure prior to any evidence to support or refute your argument (which nobody has at this point since it's a purely theoretical piece of entertainment with no -script/plot/definitive casting/anything at all) is presumptuous & entirely conjecture.

You just described internet forums.

Welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay.