• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinity War = Infinite Bore

91 posts in this topic

Because it's essentially conjecture. You can certainly have a gut feeling based on recent results, but claiming failure prior to any evidence to support or refute your argument (which nobody has at this point since it's a purely theoretical piece of entertainment with no -script/plot/definitive casting/anything at all) is presumptuous & entirely conjecture.

You just described internet forums.

Welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay.

I described some internet forums. But it also doesn't support your argument either. You've essentially tried to validate your premise with "everybody else is doing it". It doesn't make it a good argument. It just means everyone else making similar arguments engages in a similar form of conjecture.

I mean, getting a gut feeling about something without evidence? Valid. I do it all the time. Claiming presumptive failure on a separate future endeavor because of something recent while not taking into account the changing variables of said future endeavor (like the changing writers/directors/story-in-general/etc)? Invalid.

I don't really understand how anyone can genuinely see it in any other other way, if anyone here truthfully thinks AoU to be a superior film to Avengers or Cap2 or GotG then a meaningful discussion with them is pointless as their opinion is pretty much null and void

Statements like this are the reason why you're not just "stating an opinion" - this presents a "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude, which nobody else is reciprocating with, as far as I can tell. :shrug:

I enjoyed Age of Ultron a LOT. My opinion is different from yours, but to quote you directly, my opinion is also "null and void."

See what I mean? :foryou:

I don't really understand how anyone can genuinely see it in any other other way, if anyone here truthfully thinks AoU to be a superior film to Avengers or Cap2 or GotG then a meaningful discussion with them is pointless as their opinion is pretty much null and void

Statements like this are the reason why you're not just "stating an opinion" - this presents a "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude, which nobody else is reciprocating with, as far as I can tell. :shrug:

I enjoyed Age of Ultron a LOT. My opinion is different from yours, but to quote you directly, my opinion is also "null and void."

You said it before I could.

ITS JUST MY OPINION

But if you have a different one, you're wrong.

So you are saying you think AoU is better than Avengers?

Otherwise you're deliberately misquoting me.

If you do think that AoU is better than the Avengers for whatever reason... Then yeah, by any reasonable criteria your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you just happen to like AoU then that's a quite a different matter. I like some critically 'bad' films too.

Oh and just because I state things as I see them, it's still just my opinion. This is an Internet forum, it's all just opinions.

If you do think that AoU is better than the Avengers for whatever reason... Then yeah, by any reasonable criteria your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you just happen to like AoU then that's a quite a different matter. I like some critically 'bad' films too.

Oh and just because I state things as I see them, it's still just my opinion. This is an Internet forum, it's all just opinions.

So in a medium that has roots in subjectivity, an opinion that differs from the masses is "wrong." I bet you're a blast in art museums.

And yours should? Why is that then?

I think Infinity War could be fairly decent - Magus might show up and that means Warlock could be next! That does not mean the movie would be good - it'll just be fun for us fanboys.

I think the 1st Avengers movie has set the bar too high. Lower your expectation before walking into the theaters - maybe watch IM 3 or AoU before walking in??

Isn't having fun while watching a movie a good measure of whether a movie is good?IMHO - aside from the re-imagining of Vision's backstory, there's nothing really to rave about AoU.

Comics coming to life on the big screen, something most of us never thought possible when we were kids, let alone had when we were kids= Amazing.

Kids now, enjoying their favorite superheroes, are spoiled and have it so good.

Father and mothers that collect comics taking their kids to the movies= priceless.

This thread sucks. lol

Go read a dictionary or something OP.

Comics coming to life on the big screen, something most of us never thought possible when we were kids, let alone had when we were kids= Amazing.

Kids now, enjoying their favorite superheroes, are spoiled and have it so good.

Father and mothers that collect comics taking their kids to the movies= priceless.

This thread sucks. lol

Go read a dictionary or something OP.

Just got done talking to my coworker that has 3 kids, he took them and one of their friends to Ant-Man this weekend, and they all loved it. These are the stories that make me happy. Young fans = young hobbyists.

Come on dude, Seriously.

Could you please type up a list of all the phase 1 & 2 movies in the order a reasonable person who is entitled to an opinion should prioritize them so that at least people on a comic book forum can get it right.

I mean, I want to be taken seriously, but I can't sleep at night worrying that my list of funny book movies is horribly askew.

Actually, I enjoyed AoU just as much as Avengers. THAT is how I judge the movie, not based on the opinions of critics. In terms of whether either one are actually good movies, I think it's ridiculous that there appears to be a be-all, end-all rule. I don't care if you think it's bad, that's your opinion, but you can't logically say that I am incorrect by putting it on par with Avengers, in my experience.

I don't feel I misquoted you - I was simply pointing out a fallacy in your debating tactic which I felt was unfair for the sake of the conversation. I have no problem discussing which movie was better (because it makes a lot of sense that each boardie's interpretation of the movie is vastly different) but I do have a problem with you labelling me as factually incorrect in what should be a conversation of opinion, as you keep saying.

I also have no hard feelings towards you :foryou: I just disagree with how you're pushing this. As you say, this is an internet forum, but I disagree that it's all just opinions - it's also healthy discussion. :grin:

As with the first one, with AoU I thought I was watching a comic-book come to life. It was just like reading several issues of The Avengers in a row. I loved it.

I don't get what anyone says when they say that it sucked. I don't get it.

Same here, Peach. It's just the cool thing to hate on at the moment.

This is the type of comment I find frustrating.

Hence my post about people being allowed to have different opinions. Not because its deemed "cool" to dislike Age of Ultron.

AoU had its moments, I will probably watch it again but for me personally it had problems that Avengers did not have and I would not put AoU in my top 5 MCU movies.

I disagree with the OP regarding the upcoming Avengers movies, I am still very much looking forward to them and also seeing the actors continue to portray these roles. If Marvel continues to make movies for the next 20 years then I would also be very happy to watch them all even though I've never read a Marvel comic in my life.

People who like AoU need to accept that others do not.

People who dislike AoU need to accept others do.

As with the first one, with AoU I thought I was watching a comic-book come to life. It was just like reading several issues of The Avengers in a row. I loved it.

I don't get what anyone says when they say that it sucked. I don't get it.

Yep, agree 100%.