• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scooby Doo Collecting Thread

75 posts in this topic

:banana:

Thanks guys. The GK # 1 has some NCB wear that doesn't show up in the pic. Definitely a squishing candidate if I decide to go that route.

I got lucky on that book. Logged on to a dealer site at just the right time and saw it listed as a new acquisition. I couldn't hit the buy button fast enough. I truly never thought I'd ever get a copy at a decent price, let alone a HG copy

Yup. You just never know.

I was at a small local con last year, pawing through boxes and pulled out a copy of the United Features Peanuts # 1. I almost fell over. Couldn't believe my luck and the utter randomness of it. It still blows me away that I found it, in the wild at a tiny con a couple towns away from me. Never give up hope. keep your eyes open

Does anyone know anything about this book.

From an ebay listing with a stock photo of a regular Charlton comic "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 1976 SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU PAPERBACK / COMIC BOOK REPRINT EDITION FROM CHARLTON STORIES AND PUBLISHED BY OTTENHEIMER PUBLICATIONS. THIS EDITION IS SOMEWHAT SCARCE AS THIS WAS AVAILABLE ONLY FROM BOOK CLUB EDITIONS AND OFFERED FOR 1 MONTH TO SCHOLASTIC READER FOR ORDERING. BOOK IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH NO TEARS OR PAGES MISSING, SOLID SPINE, PAGES SLIGHTLY YELLOWED BUT NOT WEAK OR BRITTLE. COMPLETE STORIES AND ANTICS OF SCOOBY AND THE GANG. PICTURE IS STOCK PHOTO AND NOT BOOK YOU WILL RECEIVE. BOOK COVER HAS SCOOBY AND SHAGGY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT AND HUGGING EACH OTHER WITH SKULL AND CROSSBONES ON COVER. ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL!!!"

Does anyone know anything about this book.

From an ebay listing with a stock photo of a regular Charlton comic "THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 1976 SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU PAPERBACK / COMIC BOOK REPRINT EDITION FROM CHARLTON STORIES AND PUBLISHED BY OTTENHEIMER PUBLICATIONS. THIS EDITION IS SOMEWHAT SCARCE AS THIS WAS AVAILABLE ONLY FROM BOOK CLUB EDITIONS AND OFFERED FOR 1 MONTH TO SCHOLASTIC READER FOR ORDERING. BOOK IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH NO TEARS OR PAGES MISSING, SOLID SPINE, PAGES SLIGHTLY YELLOWED BUT NOT WEAK OR BRITTLE. COMPLETE STORIES AND ANTICS OF SCOOBY AND THE GANG. PICTURE IS STOCK PHOTO AND NOT BOOK YOU WILL RECEIVE. BOOK COVER HAS SCOOBY AND SHAGGY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT AND HUGGING EACH OTHER WITH SKULL AND CROSSBONES ON COVER. ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL!!!"

It's basically a paperback-sized Charlton digest. There are lots of them -- see here:

http://charlton.herobo.com/Xerox_Comic_Digests.html

Ha! I actually used to know a guy who was a hardcore Scooby collector. His entire apartment was wall to wall Scooby stuff.

Does anyone have any Scooby OA? I was also thinking about CGC SS, is there anyone you could get to sign a Gold Key or Charlton Scoob comic?

Does anyone have any Scooby OA?

Yes, about 120 interior pages of Gold Key and Charlton. If I remember correctly, I have the entire issue of Charlton 8 or 9 minus the cover. A few covers from Gold Key, one Charlton cover, and a few from the DC series. A bunch of original strips from the magazine series in the UK, two works from Ron Campbell, two from Bob Singer, the complete art from a coloring book put out in Mexico, artwork for two puzzles, the cover of a video game, a bunch of promotional art, quite a few cels and a couple hand-painted backgrounds. Probably some other stuff I'm missing but you get the idea..

Brian

I was also thinking about CGC SS, is there anyone you could get to sign a Gold Key or Charlton Scoob comic?

How 'bout Mark Evanier, who wrote a whole bunch of 'em? I think Dan Spiegel is still alive, but probably very old, and not likely on the convention circuit...

Holy Cow Murph! Your collection is amazing! I dug through 40-80 long boxes at a warehouse in Pickering, Ontario (Guardian comics if you are interested and in the area, check it out, 550 long boxes priced at $1 each) and came up completely empty. I had to satisfy myself by picking up a vf Marvel #1