• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another AF15 scam?

71 posts in this topic

Oakman is right-he probly bought the book and is flipping it.

Anyone wanna bite on an AF 15 from a 0 feedback seller using photos from another listing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-Aug-1962-Marvel-/252405884946

Here is the listing where the photo was taken from...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-Marvel-CGC-4-0-1st-Spiderman-no-restoration-/371498194142

What makes me think he'll be willing to accept any offer he receives? :D

Check out the font on that 1.8...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-1-8-Aug-1962-/282073844713?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

I could just barely make out the cgc number, which is 1335324002. Googling that brings up this:

http://www.dacardworld.com/comic-books/amazing-fantasy-15-cgc-4-0-sb-1335324002

Why the downgrade from 4.0 to 1.8????

Not AF 15 - but why start another thread? Here is a Hulk that is suspicious...

Hulk Scam?

REPORTED - do the same.

Stumbled across this Hulk #1 auction as well.

It's listed by an established eBay account.....and all the pictures have the same background in them.

However, the seller states that he took several pictures prior to having it graded and have include them....but the pictures of the book prior to slabbing are NOT of the same book as the pictures of it in the slab.

It's listed by an established eBay account.....and all the pictures have the same background in them.

However, the seller states that he took several pictures prior to having it graded and have include them....but the pictures of the book prior to slabbing are NOT of the same book as the pictures of it in the slab.

Great catch... The spine is different, crease lines are different, and then there's this:

163143.jpg.261ead954dbc57746a2ff29c9ae963e4.jpg

Great catch... The spine is different, crease lines are different, and then there's this:

Follow-up: Contacted this seller to ask about the discrepancy, and he pulled the listing. It looks to me like he made an honest mistake mixing up images he had of two separate copies of the same book.

I saw the hulk one as well but figured the book may have been manipulated and pressed before they slabbed it. Bigger question to me is how with the amt of cover missing is this book in a blue label looks trimmed to me from this scan

I saw the hulk one as well but figured the book may have been manipulated and pressed before they slabbed it. Bigger question to me is how with the amt of cover missing is this book in a blue label looks trimmed to me from this scan

I don't think it's the same book for a number of reasons, the main one being the crease lines in the upper right corner. Even with a trim, there is no accounting for the way the crease lines move from one location to another. (Compare the diagonal line and its location in relation to the "stamp." The holdered book also has a crease at the lower right corner that is not present in the raw book.)