• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need 5 Fantastic Four facts

101 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Working on my YouTube channel this week for my week 5 Fun Facts segment. Since Fantastic 4 is opening up this weekend, I'd figure why not!

So if you could post some cool Fantastic 4 facts that people will find really interesting, just post below!

Thank you!!!

"The magazine [Justice League of America] sold so well, it practically led to -- I have to be careful what I say here -- the rescue of Marvel Comics. My boss was playing golf with the publisher of Marvel Comics, and boasted about what a big hit they had on their hands. Jack Leibowitz told Martin Goodman how well it was doing. He went to his editor, a young fellow named Stan Lee, and said 'let's put out a magazine like that, too.' He put out the Fantastic Four, which immediately became a big hit and is still going strong today. I have a standard gag, that the Justice League not only saved DC Comics, it saved Marvel comics, too."

Julius Schwartz: Keeper of the Universe

"The magazine [Justice League of America] sold so well, it practically led to -- I have to be careful what I say here -- the rescue of Marvel Comics. My boss was playing golf with the publisher of Marvel Comics, and boasted about what a big hit they had on their hands. Jack Leibowitz told Martin Goodman how well it was doing. He went to his editor, a young fellow named Stan Lee, and said 'let's put out a magazine like that, too.' He put out the Fantastic Four, which immediately became a big hit and is still going strong today. I have a standard gag, that the Justice League not only saved DC Comics, it saved Marvel comics, too."

...and complete myth.

The Sub Mariner used to battle the FF with the powers of every creature in the sea including creatures that don't exist:

3.jpg

...and complete myth.

What's the real story?

1. The best Fantastic Four movie was called "The Incredibles".

2. The new movie Reed Richards looks less like the comic book Reed Richards than the new Johnny Storm does in comparison to his comic book counterpart.

3. The final shot of Mr. Fantastic's fake looking arm waving goodbye at the end of the Roger Corman FF movie is equally as lame as making Galactus a cloud in "FF2: Rise of The Silver Surfer"

4. Hollywood knows how to make The Thing look cool in the movies but fails to do so every time on purpose by leaving out his brow. They do this because they hate you and enjoy ruining things.

5. In the 80's, H.E.R.B.I.E. the Robot replaced the Human Torch in the Saturday morning cartoon version of The Fantastic Four because plans were already underway even back then to ruin the franchise with bad ideas and poor decisions.

1. The best Fantastic Four movie was called "The Incredibles".

2. The new movie Reed Richards looks less like the comic book Reed Richards than the new Johnny Storm does in comparison to his comic book counterpart.

3. The final shot of Mr. Fantastic's fake looking arm waving goodbye at the end of the Roger Corman FF movie is equally as lame as making Galactus a cloud in "FF2: Rise of The Silver Surfer"

4. Hollywood knows how to make The Thing look cool in the movies but fails to do so every time on purpose by leaving out his brow. They do this because they hate you and enjoy ruining things.

5. In the 80's, H.E.R.B.I.E. the Robot replaced the Human Torch in the Saturday morning cartoon version of The Fantastic Four because plans were already underway even back then to ruin the franchise with bad ideas and poor decisions.

WOW. So much hate!

...and complete myth.

What's the real story?

There isn't one. The "golf story" is made up.

As discussed at great length, with much data, over in the Silver Age forum (some of which was exceptionally ill-informed), the JLA had little to nothing to do with the creation of the FF. There simply wasn't enough time.

The Sub Mariner used to battle the FF with the powers of every creature in the sea including creatures that don't exist:

3.jpg

Cave fish

:o

In the first two issues the FF were located in Central City.

I never noticed that. I'll have to look for a Barry Allen appearance in the background art.