• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need 5 Fantastic Four facts

101 posts in this topic

Fact: I am stuck in Penn station waiting for a train to go home

Fact: I had a burrito at Moe's and it was not a good idea

Fact: I bought a 12oz milk to settle my stomach

Fact: That was an even worse idea

Fact: I know that no matter how cranky and miserable I am I would be even more miserable if I paid money to sit through Fantastic Four

I still cannot believe they are threatening to release this movie.

(I'm on my iPhone for those wondering)

When Galactus came to the earth, for the first time, the reason why the HT was sent to get the Ultimate Nulifier was because on another earth Reed went and took so long looking at all the cool stuff that by the time he made it back the earth was destroyed.

When Galactus came to the earth, for the first time, the reason why the HT was sent to get the Ultimate Nulifier was because on another earth Reed went and took so long looking at all the cool stuff that by the time he made it back the earth was destroyed.

Storyline or issue numbers please...

When Reed Richards pointed the Ultimate Nullifier at Galacticus, Galacticus could have disarmed him in any number of ways but he an episode of stupid.

Storyline or issue numbers please...

Read a comic. :jokealert:

FF #390. One of my favorite story lines, the Search for Reed Richards, #387-392.

Reed Richard's muscles have the unique ability to push. All other muscles on Earth can only pull.

There you go, Rodney! Lots of FF facts for ya. ;)

PS. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's run on FF...a 102 issue unbroken run...would remain the longest unbroken run by a writer/artist team in comics until Ultimate Spiderman #103 in 2007.

These numbers aren't accurate. Lee/Kirby was 102 plus 6 annuals. Then Bendis/Bagley ended at 111.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/10/25/2012-top-100-comic-book-runs-17-15/

I say 111 because Bagley and Immonen split the art on 111.

Read what I wrote again, this time more slowly.

I've heard the golf story too and it is pretty much regarded as myth or at least some mis-information, but the question is, what did prompt Marvel to come up with the Fantastic Four?

Challengers of the Unknown, which Kirby created at DC four years earlier.

"Kirby has also sought to establish, more credibly and on numerous occasions, that the visual elements of the strip were his conceptions. He regularly pointed to a team he had created for rival publisher DC Comics in the 1950s, Challengers of the Unknown. "f you notice the uniforms, they're the same... I always give them a skintight uniform with a belt... the Challengers and the FF have a minimum of decoration. And of course, the Thing's skin is a kind of decoration, breaking up the monotony of the blue uniform." :"

Admittedly, that should be taken with a grain of salt, but no bigger grain than most of Stan's statements, which have varied considerably over the years.

Was Goodman unaware of what was going on at DC? No. But, it took DC a full 6 years to roll out their superhero revival, little by little, piece by piece. The Silver Age was nothing at all like the Golden Age, where you had everyone and their mother publishing superheroes within 3 years of Superman's debut in Action #1. The Silver Age rolled out much more slowly.

After all....Uncle Scrooge was the best selling comic book of 1960 and 1961.

the early issues show they were still unwilling to let go of the monster/alien theme they were more familiar with as evidenced by their continued prominence. Even the Hulk and the Thing were attempts to play it safe by being both a monster and a hero as they were still unsure of the success of super-heroes at that point.

Absolutely. They were clearly unsure of where to go. Look at the Stone Men of JIM #83. And, of course, Ant-Man and Spider-Man.

I've heard the golf story too and it is pretty much regarded as myth or at least some mis-information, but the question is, what did prompt Marvel to come up with the Fantastic Four?

Challengers of the Unknown, which Kirby created...

(thumbs u

If this ain't at least a partial FF "prototype", I don't know what is:

3547-1866-3915-1-challengers-of-the-u.jpg

Source for Reed's muscles pushing or all other muscles pulling?

Source...

For both

Muscles can only pull:

One typical model for muscle functioning is the push/pull muscle pattern, such as can be found in the biceps/triceps pairings of the arms. In truth, muscles can only contract to exert force. They can also relax, but this doesn't exert a force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_contraction

Reed Richards muscles can push:

How else do you explain this:

Reedr.jpg

Source for Reed's muscles pushing or all other muscles pulling?

Source...

For both

Muscles can only pull:

One typical model for muscle functioning is the push/pull muscle pattern, such as can be found in the biceps/triceps pairings of the arms. In truth, muscles can only contract to exert force. They can also relax, but this doesn't exert a force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_contraction

Reed Richards muscles can push:

How else do you explain this:

Reedr.jpg

Where does it say anywhere that Reed Richard's muscles 'push'?

Do you have a source or are writing about your 'opinion' or 'theory' or what you 'heard'?

How can pulling thrust anything forward-that is impossible.

I guess maybe he has an elaborate series of pulleys in his body-that would do it....