• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need 5 Fantastic Four facts

101 posts in this topic

Wikipedia credits Kirby with producing twenty stories for Atlas in 56/57.

I can assure you that when it comes to specific numbers of comic book pages done, the Grand Comics Database is probably more accurate than 'Wikipedia'.

RMA stated he didn't work for Atlas from 1941 until 1958. That statement is incorrect.

No, he stated they had a 'split', which they did. He did some minor freelance work during that time for Atlas, but was certainly not 'back'.

Wikipedia credits Kirby with producing twenty stories for Atlas in 56/57.

I can assure you that when it comes to specific numbers of comic book pages done, the Grand Comics Database is probably more accurate than 'Wikipedia'.

RMA stated he didn't work for Atlas from 1941 until 1958. That statement is incorrect.

No, he stated they had a 'split', which they did. He did some minor freelance work during that time for Atlas, but was certainly not 'back'.

Yes indeed.

Thanks for the backup, Chuck. :)

Yes, to get back to the original request of Fantastic Four facts; The Challengers of the Unknown, which Jack Kirby was creatively involved with at DC, especially issue #3, is probably at least reference material, if not the inspiration for the creation of the Fantastic Four by Jack and Stan 3 years later. This is noted on the CGC label for Challengers of the Unknown #3.

g701naS.jpg

Both groups have a 'Rocky' character.

And a female character that's always needing rescuing but sometimes saves the day.

Yes, to get back to the original request of Fantastic Four facts; The Challengers of the Unknown, which Jack Kirby was creatively involved with at DC, especially issue #3, is probably at least reference material, if not the inspiration for the creation of the Fantastic Four by Jack and Stan 3 years later. This is noted on the CGC label for Challengers of the Unknown #3.

g701naS.jpg

768351.jpg

I see this cover and instantly think Thor. If that isn't the prototype for his hammer, I don't know what else is-- not to mention the guy swinging it is very Thor-like.

One of my favorites from "Dial B for Blog" is this comparison of the FF and Doc Savage which REALLY looks like was the looks inspiration for the FF's original design.

2hzlis7.jpg

One of my favorites from "Dial B for Blog" is this comparison of the FF and Doc Savage which REALLY looks like was the looks inspiration for the FF's original design.

2hzlis7.jpg

I read a lot of doc Savage books as a teen and don't see the comparison at all.

Savage had a bunch of crewmates, not three. Monk wasn't a monster nor did he feel sorry for himself as best I remember. Littlejohn and the torch had nothing in common, besides both being named Johnny.

Sorry I misspoke/didn't make it clear. I was referring to the look of the characters in terms of design. Not the whole "A team of four, who get super powers" thing. I mean the actual design.

Sorry I misspoke/didn't make it clear. I was referring to the look of the characters in terms of design. Not the whole "A team of four, who get super powers" thing. I mean the actual design.

I'm still not following.

Fact - Sue Storm and Johnny Storm are brother and sster:

Fantastic-Four-645x370.jpg

Dammit Marvel!

Twin siblings of different mothers???

Or one or both were adopted? As my nephews are black and my sister and her husband are white I'm not sure I see the problem with this setup.

I'm assuming they are foster brother and sister. That seems to be big these days. That way, the writers can toss around both the brother-sister aspect, but still be able to throw in some sexual tension as well.

Knowing that merely shooting people in space gave em super powers as demonstrated by the Red Ghost and his idiotic apes the US govt was really dumb not to shoot a bunch of troops into space.

Sue Storm gained additional powers after fighting the Moleman the second time. I think it was FF 22?
Yeah, Sue is able to create force fields and turn other people or objects invisible. FF #22 is also the first time Ben says "It's Clobberin' Time".