• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stoned Age comix appreciation thread

300 posts in this topic

Few will appreciate this book - but it is the 1st appearance of Wonder Warthog! It includes a full color splash page yay.gif

I apologize for the cropping of the scan, but the book is a little wider than my scanner.

I was thrilled to snag this on ebay - a couple of years ago a copy sold on ebay for over $250!! It may have been in a little better shape, but outside the ULC - this one is not bad, and it was a $19.95 BIN yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif - no photo and mislabeled as a paperback foreheadslap.gif

I realize many on these boards would flip past this in a dollar box - but for me, it was a grail.

bacc.jpg

Very nice rjpb! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Excellent website - thanks for posting! - it has alot of information I always wanted to compile - though I still need most of the Texas Ranger appearances, the other Bacchanal, and a couple of Drag Cartoons. I'm also not such a completist that I want every reprint - so it's nice to know what is and what isn't.

Is there a similar one for The Freak Bros.?

Few will appreciate this book - but it is the 1st appearance of Wonder Warthog! It includes a full color splash page yay.gif

I apologize for the cropping of the scan, but the book is a little wider than my scanner.

I was thrilled to snag this on ebay - a couple of years ago a copy sold on ebay for over $250!! It may have been in a little better shape, but outside the ULC - this one is not bad, and it was a $19.95 BIN yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif - no photo and mislabeled as a paperback foreheadslap.gif

I realize many on these boards would flip past this in a dollar box - but for me, it was a grail.

bacc.jpg

Fan-Freakin-Tastic.... 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hey guys, I have wanted to start a photo gallery section of undergrounds on my blog site and was wondering if some of you would be ok with me posting some of these images there.

I figured it would eventually get stale if I was only posting books from my own collection, and besides some of these books are outstanding!

Anyhow, if there is anyone who has posted in this thread that is really not into the idea of sharing their scans, PM me.

rjpb, can I start by posting the bacchanal?

post away! and let me know if there is anything else you'd like a scan of - I don't have a spectacular collection - but a few rarities and other obscure stuff.

post away! and let me know if there is anything else you'd like a scan of - I don't have a spectacular collection - but a few rarities and other obscure stuff.

Thanks again thumbsup2.gif

Picked these Fritz TPBs from my LCS, they were afraid to put them out on the shelves because their clientele is mostly younger and super-hero oriented. I found them in a box under a table. Don't know much about them, but they're great! They are an odd size, as they are short height-wise but normal widthy, so they reprint a strip on each page. Each has a small tape pull in the upper right corner, where what appears to have been a price sticker was removed.

Published by Ballentine Books, but I didn't see an indicia to know what date they were published or any indication of a printing.

1420747-Fritzbooks.jpg

1420747-Fritzbooks.jpg.2d1e3477b5763e330ecefc6ed898e02b.jpg