• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stoned Age comix appreciation thread

300 posts in this topic

Glad I saw this thread. Here are a few that I have picked up over the past month. I am so happy that I started collecting underground. At least they are appreciated somewhere here on the boards.

DSC00335.jpg

A small but rabid (perhaps literally) fan base.

Good stuff!

Great Crumb Zap 8 cover. I only have Zap 0-5 and 7.

Is Yum Yum book worthwhile? It was reprinted so not hard to get any more (unless you're worried about first print), right?

Jack

This post belongs here, really.

Here's one you don't see every day!

Anomaly 4, Nov-72 1st print, VF 8.0 or so, published by Bud Plant, Corben, Kline, Strnad artwork

49750-Anomaly.jpg

But do you have #1-3?

You should join us over at headcomix.info...

1-3 are fanzines? No, this was just an opportunistic buy.

Thanks for the link -- I've never seen the headcomix.info site.

Jack

Just saw this thread for the 1st time!!! I have a couple of issues to add. Some I no longer have anymore, but at least some on this thread would be able to appreciate!!!

First of All this is one of my favorites UG covers!!! Hell I even have a poster of this one having on my wall!!!

dopecomix2.jpg

This is Zap 3 a flip book (69) that has two covers. I saw someone in this thread posted one of the covers but not the other, so here are both covers!!!

ZapComix3firstprintFlipbookcover1.jpg

ZapComix3firstprintFlipbookcover2.jpg

Zap 4

ZapComix450centcover.jpg

Little Green dinosaur

Advs.jpg

This post belongs here, really.

Here's one you don't see every day!

Anomaly 4, Nov-72 1st print, VF 8.0 or so, published by Bud Plant, Corben, Kline, Strnad artwork

49750-Anomaly.jpg

49752-AnomalyB.jpg

Jack

Great cover/artwork...hadn't seen this before!

Anyone out there with MAD "Stoned Age" covers? There's gotta be a few...used to have a lot of MADs but only have 2 at present...

This doesn't really meet the Stoned Age criteria...but can be interpreted as somewhat akin...certainly could be the product of a Stoned Mind...

MAD17G-VG.jpg