• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads up on stolen books

280 posts in this topic

Yeah it's going to be very difficult to move these books. If you put em on CL you're busted LCS have been notified...who ya gonna call?

Damn!?! Sorry to hear that Cheetah.. Of all the storage lockers, how did they know to rob yours? Could it be someone you know who knows about your comic book collection that may have a lead on it maybe? Hope you get your books back in one peace soon.

These comic thieves never realize it's like stealing the Mona Lisa-there's just no way to sell it. Look at the Cage stolen Action #1-never got moved.

I don't really talk about my storage for obvious reasons. But insurance doesn't replace Edgar Church copies,

Because you're worried someone will steal them?

Little late for that now.

I would assume that you are done with this particular storage facility, so you should share some details to help others in the future from going through the same thing you are now.

Looking at your lists, that's a staggering loss.

They will turn up some place eventually

More details can help people speculate what likely happened better, and maybe help to get your books back faster.

It never fails to amaze me some of the things people here are able to figure out.

I'm truly sorry to hear this happened to you.

Do you have any clues/ideas at this point?

So sorry to hear that Jeff. Your collection is amazing and I've always liked your willingness to share it here on the boards. Hoping it all ends back safely with you. :wishluck:

Do you have any clues/ideas at this point?

At this point, it is likely one of two guys. The police have the information on both of them. They were employees of a contractor I had doing work at my house. The comic book store nearest where they live wasn't open on Tuesday and none of the area stores open till 11:00 today. Once 11:00 rolls around, I will be making contacts.

And you all are correct. Stealing one-of-a-kind books in a collecting community that is so small makes them virtually impossible to move without I being noticed almost immediately. Given that the guy(s) stole Lost in Space, Avengers/Invaders and my Tom Mix westerns but left $40,000 in Mile High Blue Beetles is likely evidence that they really don't know what they have, what its worth, and how traceable they are.

Again, thanks for any and all help. I continue to be concerned they will realize what they have and throw them in a dumpster so they won't get caught.

I will post a spreadsheet of all the books I believe are missing sometime this afternoon. If it contains a book you might have bought from me, please let me know so i can remove it.

Good luck, Jeff. I have every confidence that these books will turn up. The thieves undoubtedly have no idea just how identifiable, even out of their slabs, they would be.

I doubt they'd make it as far as Texas, but I'll cast a suspicious eye toward anybody that turns up at Alamo City CC next month with high grade Dells or Fiction House.