• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Books

68 posts in this topic

Hey guys. It looks like I had around 8 boxes of graded books stolen by a contractor's employee between Sunday and Tuesday. I have a thread about it in the CG Forum.

thread

I'll put up a list of missing books this afternoon. If you see anything that looks suspicious or like something that is mine, please let me know. Books from the following titles are among the missing:

Jumbo Comics

Jungle Comics

Four Color Comics

Yellowjacket Comics

Super-Book of Comics

Boy Comics

Lost in Space

Avengers/Invaders

Army Navy Comics

Mutt & Jeff

That sucks!

I hope they find the miscreant and the books intact. :wishluck:

Hi grade Jumbos and Jungles will stick out like so many sore thumbs in the current market.

I was actually relieved they weren't the early numbers, but that must be small comfort given the sheer quality of the missing books.

I hope all ends well. We all do.

Sucks is mildly apt. But I've contacted all the area shops, some folks on Craigslist who buy comics, and the police so there's not much I can do now but wait. I appreciate the thoughts and any alerts to suspicious books.

Jeff

I had almost the same exact thing happen to me 5 years ago with some sport cards. The good news is I got just about everything back (at least of real value anyway) the bad it was a pain in the all around dealing with it.

I would contact CGC as well and try to find records of the purchases. If you want more details on what I needed to go after the tools feel free to pm me.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes open.

James G

Hey guys. It looks like I had around 8 boxes of graded books stolen by a contractor's employee between Sunday and Tuesday. I have a thread about it in the CG Forum.

thread

I'll put up a list of missing books this afternoon. If you see anything that looks suspicious or like something that is mine, please let me know. Books from the following titles are among the missing:

Jumbo Comics

Jungle Comics

Four Color Comics

Yellowjacket Comics

Super-Book of Comics

Boy Comics

Lost in Space

Avengers/Invaders

Army Navy Comics

Mutt & Jeff

I wouldn't jump on anyone who has a bunch of high grade Jungle comics. I don't think they are that unusual. :angel:

19701290824_29240ab8ee_b.jpg

Were you missing any WDCS issues. I saw two short boxes of raw golden age in nice condition this weekend. Not many Jungle but lots of funny animal in the collection.

No, I never collected those. Thanks, though, for looking out for them!

thread

Jumbo Comics

Jungle Comics

Four Color Comics

Yellowjacket Comics

Super-Book of Comics

Boy Comics

Lost in Space

Avengers/Invaders

Army Navy Comics

Mutt & Jeff

Truly sorry to hear about this...hope you are able to recover some or all of them

Good luck!

mm