• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

Did this degrade into a "Comics I want/Comics I have acquired" thread?

Because a lot of those comics don't feel like "Holy Grails". In fact a few, I think Comics To Astonish (one of my LCS) has on their display wall.

If there's a comic I want but don't have, it's most likely because I can't afford it. Not that I have to go on a soul reaping pilgrimage or scour several hundred comic book shows to find it.

Now that I think about it; I have been looking for another Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1 variant cover (1/1000). It's been over a year since one popped-up on ebay. So, I sort of feel like King Pellinore trying to hunt to the questing beast. In fact - more copies of the "ultra rare" The Fury virgin cover (150 copies?) have come and gone on ebay in the past year. But I already have 5 copies off Wild Hunt 1B, so even this I don't really feel is a Holy Grail.

963947.jpg

-Terry

have so many of my grails that took a few years to hunt down. Only really modern books looking for still and some are kind of oddities. If you have leads let me know:)

GI Joe 21 9.8

Armorines 0 Gold 9.8

Green lantern 141 9.8

irredeemable ant-man 1 9.8

dark horse presents 1 9.8

dc comics presents 27 9.8

dc comics presents 47 9.8

Power Pack 1 9.8

Runaways 1 9.8

y last man 1 9.8

Did this degrade into a "Comics I want/Comics I have acquired" thread?

Because a lot of those comics don't feel like "Holy Grails". In fact a few, I think Comics To Astonish (one of my LCS) has on their display wall.

If there's a comic I want but don't have, it's most likely because I can't afford it. Not that I have to go on a soul reaping pilgrimage or scour several hundred comic book shows to find it.

Now that I think about it; I have been looking for another Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1 variant cover (1/1000). It's been over a year since one popped-up on ebay. So, I sort of feel like King Pellinore trying to hunt to the questing beast. In fact - more copies of the "ultra rare" The Fury virgin cover (150 copies?) have come and gone on ebay in the past year. But I already have 5 copies off Wild Hunt 1B, so even this I don't really feel is a Holy Grail.

963947.jpg

-Terry

I literally just BINed a copy for $15 in a sales thread. If you want it, it's yours. Just let me know and I will tell the seller.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8803217#Post8803217

My grail WAS my Spiral Edition 30 Days of Night. I sold it a few years ago and am ok with it not being in my collection but I had to delete all pics of it because a part of me wants it back.

My current "Grail" I bought this error version off the newsstand at a local grocery store. I've turned down big $$$ for it but even it is not a GRAIL enough that I would not sell.

6652b74a.jpg

HOWEVER, what I would like back is the Batman:Harley Quin CGC 9.8 SS by Dini and Ross I sold 5-6 years ago on the boards. I just wish I knew who I sold to years ago.

:whee:

It's this sort of consideration and selflessness that makes me really love these boards. You're my superhero, October! :applause:

-Terry

:gossip: now you can degrade the thread to the grail I got lol

:jokealert:

But really the book I talked about is most likely only a grail to me. When out of no where I got it.I was happy my search was over,so I posted a follow up.Thought it only added to the thread.

Bone 1 :cloud9:

Sometimes dreams do come true.

:news:

Dreams do come true! I had this one in the works but today upon delivery it became a reality and I am beyond excited! :banana:

I love these boards!

Good for you!

Two of my personal grails that have eluded me this far:

Devil's Rejects #nn cgc ss by Rob Zombie

Shaun of the Dead (any issue) cgc ss by Nick Frost and Simon Pegg

May be worth it to give Rich Henn a try. Rich is a SS machine for tough ones!

Yeah Rich is the man, and a good friend, I've just never asked him about these two for some reason lol

Thanks