• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

My current "Grail" I bought this error version off the newsstand at a local grocery store. I've turned down big $$$ for it but even it is not a GRAIL enough that I would not sell.

6652b74a.jpg

What's the deal with this one? Is it b/c it's a newsstand book ($2.25) instead of just the 25-cent version?

I remember there was an FF book that was really tough to find the regular price.

I bought a few of these Xmen's when they came out based on that. How much is the X-book going for? I might have to pull them out of storage.

Thank you all very much! I know a few of you have known I've been after one for quite some time. So happy :luhv:

I look forward to other boardie posts of modern grail pickups they make!

I'm going back to staring at it some more. :whee:

Awesome :applause: glad you found one....

Yup, and I'm Bone dry :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRANGERS-in-PARADISE-1-CGC-9-8-ONE-of-ONE-Moore-/191661752617?hash=item2c9fee4129

Edit: only one really exists right now in my mind because getting either of you two to part with any book is mission impossible! lol

Based on his ad, his listing is old, as he claims to be the only one.....

Yup, and I'm Bone dry :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRANGERS-in-PARADISE-1-CGC-9-8-ONE-of-ONE-Moore-/191661752617?hash=item2c9fee4129

Edit: only one really exists right now in my mind because getting either of you two to part with any book is mission impossible! lol

Based on his ad, his listing is old, as he claims to be the only one.....

Yeah, I've been eying that listing for literally years.

Really wanna get my hands on a Saga 1 RRP amongst other things, but I'm pretty new to collecting.

I did recently get a Preacher CGC 9.2 for super cheap. A Southern Bastards DCBS CGC 9.8 ss. All the East of West 1 variants except RRP, but all 9.8.

A couple that I just love: manifest Destiny 1 a & b CGC 9.8.

Pretty fun start to the madness!!!

Really wanna get my hands on a Saga 1 RRP amongst other things, but I'm pretty new to collecting.

I did recently get a Preacher CGC 9.2 for super cheap. A Southern Bastards DCBS CGC 9.8 ss. All the East of West 1 variants except RRP, but all 9.8.

Nice! Was that a Preacher 1? And welcome to the Boards, and the hobby! And condolences on your future bank account. :devil:

Nice! Was that a Preacher 1? And welcome to the Boards, and the hobby! And condolences on your future bank account. :devil:

You mean people keep money in other places than PayPal? (shrug):sorry: