• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aquaman 35 SS CGC 8.5 $1300 and other stuff!

26 posts in this topic

Well Here we go.

These books are in my possession here in Europe. They are available to both EU and US for sale.

EU buyers can have immediate shipment, but US buyers will be able to receive shipment after September 24 when my books can be brought back and shipped from within the US (shipping to US from Belgium is ridiculous).

Other conditions of the sales.

1. No PL or HOS buyers. I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone who might be a problematic buyer

2. I will ship boxed with tracking, your cost will be my cost. In US I'll use USPS Priority, in EU I'll use BPost.

3. Payment via paypal only in USD for US, EU buyers can go either with USD or Euro. currency via paypal.

4. As all books are CGCed, returns are available for 5 days post delivery if the book is not as described.

5. First :takeit: either here in the thread, or via PM wins the book.

6. Offers are welcome, but any outright :takeit: will supersede any outstanding offer or discussion.

And remember Im in Europe... I might be asleep when you PM me!

Venus 10 CGC 8.5 Cr-OW $750 No longer available

Only 3 higher (including the Church copy) on census.

Last GPA $736, bought for $800, slab was cracked, got some credit, selling for what I have in it $750. I love this book in this grade. At 9.0 the price is through the roof, so 8.5 gives your a beautiful book without breaking the whole bank.

See next post for images of the current case crack status.

I've looked at a lot of copies of this book over the years, and many suffer from poor centering, this one is nicely centered, not totally perfect, but no text or images get cut off which happens often at the top edge. Also many copies have some degree of transparency with their cover (where you can see the ad from the inside cover through the white in the "Venus" title). This one does not have that peculiarity.

Hate to sell this one, cause I don't think I'll be getting another shot at one in the future...

(scan before the slab was cracked in transit)

QidjjkB.jpg

Rangers Comic #44 CGC 9.0 Okajima $250 SOLD!

I can go on and on about the Okajima pedigree (really I can, go see the thread in the GA forum!). While not the pedigree with the highest quality books, or the biggest collection, or the collection with the best key books, it does certainly have the best pedigree story.

This book has the classic markings of the post-camp era.

YzMasoO.jpg

Rangers Comic #44 CGC 9.0 Okajima $250

I can go on and on about the Okajima pedigree (really I can, go see the thread in the GA forum!). While not the pedigree with the highest quality books, or the biggest collection, or the collection with the best key books, it does certainly have the best pedigree story.

YzMasoO.jpg

:takeit:

Aquaman 35 CGC 8.5 SS $1700 $1500 $1300 SOLD! To Gator

This is the only SS on census before Nick's passing away, it'll always be one of a kind.

FYI: There are also no SS of 1st Ocean Master (#29) or 2nd Black Manta (#42) some of the other villian keys from this title.

Jdrdl6U.jpg

YzMasoO.jpg

^^

YzMasoO.jpg

Nice score! I just missed it...

Aquaman 35 CGC 8.5 SS $2200 obo

12 mo GPA $1276 for universal. a super hot book right now with the Movie on the horizon.

This is the only SS on census before Nick's passing away, it'll always be one of a kind.

FYI: There are also no SS of 1st Ocean Master (#29) or 2nd Black Manta (#42) some of the other villian keys from this title.

Jdrdl6U.jpg

Whoa! How cool is this? (worship)

Aquaman 35 CGC 8.5 SS $2200 obo

12 mo GPA $1276 for universal. a super hot book right now with the Movie on the horizon.

Jdrdl6U.jpg

Soooo Nice!!!! (worship)

Perfect signature... well placed, beautiful eye appeal... I sure wish I had an extra two grand right now!

This is such an outstanding book, and in that grade it really is beautiful (thumbs u .

Venus 10 CGC 8.5 Cr-OW $750

Only 3 higher (including the Church copy) on census.

Last GPA $736, bought for $800, slab was cracked, got some credit, selling for what I have in it $750. I love this book in this grade. At 9.0 the price is through the roof, so 8.5 gives your a beautiful book without breaking the whole bank.

See next post for images of the current case crack status.

I've looked at a lot of copies of this book over the years, and many suffer from poor centering, this one is nicely centered, not totally perfect, but no text or images get cut off which happens often at the top edge. Also many copies have some degree of transparency with their cover (where you can see the ad from the inside cover through the white in the "Venus" title). This one does not have that peculiarity.

Hate to sell this one, cause I don't think I'll be getting another shot at one in the future...

(scan before the slab was cracked in transit)

QidjjkB.jpg

Aquaman 35 CGC 8.5 SS $2200 obo $1700

Jdrdl6U.jpg

Dang!! Nick Cardy was such a great artist. That's a beautiful copy!! Great pickup!

:cloud9: