• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Displaying (Frame)

13 posts in this topic

Just hopped back into the comic world and am curious on the display frames you guys all use? I've browsed the "Show me your room" thread, but I'm worried about the fading of the covers. I use 2mm Myler bags that offer some protection, but should I add a special glass or film to the frames?

Sorry if this has been asked before, my search for "display frame" was not helpful.

Thank you,

Brian

I bought one of those collectors resource graded frames with the UV filter and I think it was reasonably priced at $30 shipped.

I was told today by the owner they are a bit behind on orders but mine should be arriving soon.

I liked the idea of those frames as the books look nice as its not cheap looking

I use Gweedo's as well:

Here's part of the Schomburg wall (though I've swapped out a lot of these and have up only war covers, but it gives you an idea):

IMG_2174_zpse7s1kvfu.jpg

He also does custom work like I got for my '66 Donruss Cards and wrappers:

IMG_2172_zpsxshsdrem.jpg

EDIT: And the thing I like most about Gweedo's is Brian uses furniture grade hardwood. Most others use stained pine. For my 105 year old house I like the hardwood.

I was at Michael's recently getting something framed, and I saw they have an option for special glass with what looks like the anti reflective coating used on watch crystals. I asked about it and was told that it also has UV protection. It looked nice. I didn't get it, it just about doubles the cost of the frame, but was interesting.

For my display, I was thinking about a straight shelf and just standing them up beside one another to cut the cost of individual frames.

like this:

ff45011d-3d0a-49aa-b8d6-ecdf87e3f35c_zpse9jyaa1c.jpg

Is there a UV sticker or something similar that can be placed in front of the comic book to avoid fading?