• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warlock at last

21 posts in this topic

I'm happy to have my own suspcisions confirmed:

LINK

Aug 20, 2015 04:44 PM EDT / By Monna Señara

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Now Casting For Adam Warlock; To Feature More Villains In Movie

“Avengers: Infinity War Part 1” villain rumors are up and about as Adam Warlock casting is going on. Lady Death and Red Skull are also part of the rumored villains to join the 2018 Avengers sequel.

"Avengers: Infinity War"

(Photo : Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty Images Entertainment) "Avengers: Infinity War"

"Avengers: Infinity War Part 1" is set to feature more villains in the first part of the Avengers movie sequel, as Adam Warlock casting has been announced.

Spoiler TV gives us details as Marvel Studios is now on the way of casting for the lead and supporting roles, "The auditions for new lead and supporting roles will be taking place in Los Angeles, CA. The film is the first in a two-part sequel in which Thanos plays a major role, along with the Magus."

Like Us on Facebook

The Magus is Adam Warlock's evil side that separates from his body and gathers the Infinity Gauntlet. With this, Magus is able to create doppelgangers of earth's superheroes to aid in his plan of recreating a universe filled with evil entities.

I sincerely doubt that the Magus will be part of this movie. Not only introducing Adam Warlock but also explaining the Magus, introducing dopplegangers, and anything else like that more inspired by the comic Infinity War? Not likely... Adam Warlock is probably enough as-is.

Why Red Skull? Not necessary at all.

Can't WAIT to see Warlock!

Because Skull is an easy villain to recast without needed Hugo Weaving. Suppose the Red Skull is part of the Infiniti Gem now and did not actually die. That would mean that the avengers meet him if they are absorbed, or become part of, or are displaced in time and space by the stone.

The Red Skull was too good a character to be one and done and Marvel seems to be running out of villains.

Why Red Skull? Not necessary at all.

Can't WAIT to see Warlock!

And I was just wondering the other day why Marvel hasn't done anything further with Red Skull since Captain America: The First Avenger. It would be a waste of a good villain.

Warlock, though. WOW! I've wanted to see that character done right.

:whee:

I think the reason they've avoided the Skull was so as to not fall into the trap that Fox has with FF & X-Men where Doom/Magneto is almost always the villain/involved or DC with Luthor in every almost every Superman movie. I also think they've been trying to wait out Hugo Weaving & see if he changes his mind about coming back rather than just immediately recast when they have someone like Weaving under contract as-is but don't want to force him to do a movie he doesn't want to do.

I personally believe the Red Skull wasn't killed in The First Avenger, merely teleported into the outerworldy space we witnessed when the Cube took him. I think he's been a prisoner of Thanos ever since.

Same.

They also said in the first Avengers it was a doorway. So why would Loki be able to use it to transport between realms, but Red Skull somehow dies by it? I've been waiting for him to come back for a while now.

I personally believe the Red Skull wasn't killed in The First Avenger, merely teleported into the outerworldy space we witnessed when the Cube took him. I think he's been a prisoner of Thanos ever since.

Same.

They also said in the first Avengers it was a doorway. So why would Loki be able to use it to transport between realms, but Red Skull somehow dies by it? I've been waiting for him to come back for a while now.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Thanos was influencing the Tesseract in both cases. He needed the Red Skull (even if only to learn more about Cap or Earth or something, or even so far as to make him an ally as some are suggesting) so he used it to summon him, and he needed Loki on Earth so he used it to send him there. hm But then again, did Loki ever actually use the Tesseract, or was he simply trying to acquire it?

Thor 165? :wishluck:

All of them, hopefully, will see some more upward movement.

One would think all early appearances will rise accordingly. What about appearances in other books like Hulk 177 and 178 just to name two?

Thor 165? :wishluck:

All of them, hopefully, will see some more upward movement.

One would think all early appearances will rise accordingly. What about appearances in other books like Hulk 177 and 178 just to name two?

Order of importance IMO:

1. Fantastic Four 67 - origin and great appearance / reveal at the end

2. Marvel Premiere 1 - re-intro but as Warlock!

3. Strange Tales 180 - Jim Starlin starts 'nuff said

The hulk appearances are also pretty sweet. Don't normally see them around in decent grade.

Thor 165 has a cool cover and is ideal for people who like graded comics to display (not a bad thing - but nothing to do with Warlock's character development)