• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian ...

117 posts in this topic

I believe he posted pics a little while ago of his collection.

It was definately a pretty site thumbsup2.gif

I am not talking about digital photo's of his DC hoard (by the way, shouldn't his sig say "Collecting one of every DC" instead of "Collecting Every DC" as he will never have them all? ...never mind, I digress) I would like to see him contribute scans of rare books to threads like the ten center thread in the silver age forum shy.gif

I am not talking about digital photo's of his DC hoard (by the way, shouldn't his sig say "Collecting one of every DC" instead of "Collecting Every DC" as he will never have them all? ...never mind, I digress) I would like to see him contribute scans of rare books to threads like the ten center thread in the silver age forum shy.gif

I can assure you that will NEVER happen. He will never contribute in that manner. gossip.gif

He doesn't own that one anymore. He traded it to Harley to upgrade it to a restored copy that was something like a 5.5.

Here is his Action 1 though.

733555-421349-action1.jpg

I can't believe that even WAS his copy. I guess I had an idea about what I thought his collection was.....and no books like that I guess??

Anyone have a link to this thread? I would like to check it out....

The links are down so there is nothing to see.

He doesn't own that one anymore. He traded it to Harley to upgrade it to a restored copy that was something like a 5.5.

I really don't follow Ian's business that closely. It was the only image left from the show thread. Good to know FFB. thumbsup2.gif

I can't believe that even WAS his copy. I guess I had an idea about what I thought his collection was.....and no books like that I guess??

Ian is not a high grade collector. All he wants is a complete copy of every issue DC ever published. He upgrades certain books here and there, but he's not a high grade junkie by any stretch of the imagination.

Personally, what I don't understand is why he'd trade his 1.5 FR/GD copy of Action #1 plus cash for a restored 5.5 copy of Action #1, when he could have spent about one-tenth the amount of cash he threw into the deal and had his FR/GD copy restored up to VF or better. screwy.gif

Ian, what was your thinking on this?

I really don't follow Ian's business that closely. It was the only image left from the show thread. Good to know FFB. thumbsup2.gif

If your teeth weren't constantly clenched firmly to his pant leg, you might have an easier time paying attention to what he's up to. poke2.gifyay.gif

Ian is not a high grade collector. All he wants is a complete copy of every issue DC ever published. He upgrades certain books here and there, but he's not a high grade junkie by any stretch of the imagination.

Personally, what I don't understand is why he'd trade his 1.5 FR/GD copy of Action #1 plus cash for a restored 5.5 copy of Action #1, when he could have spent about one-tenth the amount of cash he threw into the deal and had his FR/GD copy restored up to VF or better. screwy.gif

How come Ian refers to his restored copy as a VF? confused-smiley-013.gif

If your teeth weren't constantly clenched firmly to his pant leg, you might have an easier time paying attention to what he's up to. poke2.gifyay.gif

Are you drinking at work again? Is that how you are able to tolerate yourself and motivate your obvious need for attention. poke2.gif

How come Ian refers to his restored copy as a VF? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because I am confusing the Charlie Sheen copy with Ian's copy. foreheadslap.gif You are right, he said it was a VF.

Still, if he could have had his 1.5 copy restored to a VF or better for less than $3,000, why pay Harley an extra $25K plus the 1.5 copy for a restored VF that has at least moderate resto?