• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian ...

117 posts in this topic

I threw them into a file folder on my computer because I knew enough to recognize an awesome display of comic book history when I saw it. I am very glad to be able to present them again for the newer members.

And like FFB....I was knocked out all over again.

We may (and I include myself) occasionally knock Ian for his relentless single-mindedness, but without that kind of focus he wouldn't have come close to accomplishing what he has put together.

May the English Impatient kick asss and Git-Er-Dun!

Brad

Holy freakin' jeez....I think my heart just stopped. I'd kill to have just ONE shelf in one of those pictures!!!

Are you looking at the shelf with all the Blue Devils books or the one with all the Atari Force books or perhaps the one with all the Suicide Squad books.

Do you own a scanner?

One more to go or not, it's time to show us some of your treasure....or is it in so many boxes, you can't find anything?

This thread wasn't here four hours ago and now it's four pages long.

Yes I own a scanner but it's hooked up to a computer used for business and I haven't a clue how to work it myself.

I have had comics scanned in many times for these boards, by asking my assistant who works the computer to do it.

None of my comics are in boxes. They are all on view.

They are all in strict order, in mylites, all perfectly neatly stacked on shelves in a library, and so neat that I hate disturbing them.

I believe he posted pics a little while ago of his collection.

They were posted by Gary Cove, who calls himself Capercaillie, I think, unless he's changed his name again.

I'm unable to post them myself because the files I have are too big and this site won't accept them.

I believe he posted pics a little while ago of his collection.

They were posted by Gary Cove, who calls himself Capercaillie, I think, unless he's changed his name again.

I'm unable to post them myself because the files I have are too big and this site won't accept them.

He has changed his name again. gossip.gif

I can't believe that even WAS his copy. I guess I had an idea about what I thought his collection was.....and no books like that I guess??

Er....... er......... er............ HOW could I have every DC apart from one comic, if I were to have no books like that ???????????

Here is his Action 1 though.

Absolute nonsense. That's my old copy of Action 1, before I upgraded/part exchanged it with Harley for a restored VF.

Why don't you read the thread before you respond [#@$%!!!]. FFB already said that. Since you never post any of your books, how would we know what your new Aaction one looks like?

I can't believe that even WAS his copy. I guess I had an idea about what I thought his collection was.....and no books like that I guess??

Er....... er......... er............ HOW could I have every DC apart from one comic, if I were to have no books like that ???????????

He is saying you have crappy copies of books. gossip.gif

Personally, what I don't understand is why he'd trade his 1.5 FR/GD copy of Action #1 plus cash for a restored 5.5 copy of Action #1, when he could have spent about one-tenth the amount of cash he threw into the deal and had his FR/GD copy restored up to VF or better.

Ian, what was your thinking on this?

Firstly the original copy would have never restored because although there were no pieces out of the cover, the interior pages were slightly brittle on the corners.

Secondly, I don't know where you got the idea that the restored copy was a 5.5. It looks way way better than that with clean cream/white interior pages. The cover looks wonderful, and apart from a couple of visible brush strokes on the yellow on the cover, looks amazing. Almost as good as my Detective 27. I could never hope to have a nicer copy, and have no wish to further upgrade it at all. It's my dream copy.

Low grade books or not, that is truly one amazing collection.

Yes but those photos were a long time ago. I upgraded the Superman 1, Action 1, Batman 1, Flash 1, All Star 3, All Star 8, and all those photos show my old copies which I parted with to get the better copies.

Great pics. Not seen all those before. Thanks for posting them.

Regards Earl.

I've been waiting to do a pic of ALL the keys and super-rarities, but can't do it while that one stinking miserable wretched comic continues to elude me.

Personally, what I don't understand is why he'd trade his 1.5 FR/GD copy of Action #1 plus cash for a restored 5.5 copy of Action #1, when he could have spent about one-tenth the amount of cash he threw into the deal and had his FR/GD copy restored up to VF or better.

Ian, what was your thinking on this?

Firstly the original copy would have never restored because although there were no pieces out of the cover, the interior pages were slightly brittle on the corners.

Secondly, I don't know where you got the idea that the restored copy was a 5.5. It looks way way better than that with clean cream/white interior pages. The cover looks wonderful, and apart from a couple of visible brush strokes on the yellow on the cover, looks amazing. Almost as good as my Detective 27. I could never hope to have a nicer copy, and have no wish to further upgrade it at all. It's my dream copy.

Yeah, as you will see a little further down the thread, I was confusing Charlie Sheen's copy with your copy. Skybolt set me straight.

Thanks for the explanation about why you didn't restore the Action 1 you had previously. As for the brittleness, isn't there a procedure to restore brittle pages too? In one of his articles on restoration, Tracey Heft mentions restructuring the cellulose bonds in paper to restore flexibility. He doesn't really discuss it in detail, nor does he state whether this works on pages that are already brittle. It would be interesting to find out though, wouldn't it?