• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian ...

117 posts in this topic

Of course I would have had more if you and the other DC Completeists did not keep outbidding me foreheadslap.gif.

Mind you I notice we both got outbid on that recent Amethyst Price Variant auction!

The guy who beat us must have really wanted it.

Regards Earl.

hi.gif

I have them both....

Ian, why do you keep insisting that the phony Double Action 1 cover is real? It looks silly with your other Key books (which are quite impressive, by the way).

The one in that pic is just a printout off the computer. The pic was done a couple of years ago.

The one I have now was done by Matt Nelson so the colours match properly.

It IS real - insofar as the artwork is genuine and the mock-up of the book is as near to real as could be gotten. Anyway it's certainly not a phony.

Ian do you know about the Bionicle Mega Editions?

Regards Earl.

I've got one of them but didn't know about the other double reprint.

Amazing that DC's Bionicle comic is up to issue 22, is not available from comic shops, and is utterly unlisted in Overstreet. Yet it looks every inch a DC comic, and every issue has the DC bullet on the cover.

The one in that pic is just a printout off the computer. The pic was done a couple of years ago.

The one I have now was done by Matt Nelson so the colours match properly.

It IS real - insofar as the artwork is genuine and the mock-up of the book is as near to real as could be gotten. Anyway it's certainly not a phony.

It is real artwork, no doubt there. But it is not anything near Golden Age DC artwork.

It is real artwork, no doubt there. But it is not anything near Golden Age DC artwork.

Of course it is. There's actually a few panels in the early Doctor Occults which look quite similar. I believe its authenticity, and in two years I have found no reason to doubt it whatsoever.

Of course it is. There's actually a few panels in the early Doctor Occults which look quite similar. I believe its authenticity, and in two years I have found no reason to doubt it whatsoever.

Really? Which panels? I have all of Doctor Occult's appearances and would like to compare.

Really? Which panels? I have all of Doctor Occult's appearances and would like to compare.

Somewhere in the first fifteen issues I saw panels with similarly drawn images of both the ghoul and the wolf howling at the moon.

Anyway, I'm convinced it's genuine, and it's certaibnly harming no-one else.

And for all the talk over on the Gold forum, no-one can STILL produce this supposed black and white ashcan of it.

All I'm doing is defending the artwork, not a comic itself.

Ian which is the one with kid squeezing Superman's hand?? Jon

That's the third one, which I bought off Archiefan.

I know of several people who have the 2nd and 3rd ones - therefore they're not rare.

The other four are though.