• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian ...

117 posts in this topic

Why don't you read the thread before you respond [#@$%!!!]. FFB already said that.

Because I started on Page One, and answered questions as I came to them, [#@$%!!!]-for-brains.

Nice excuse. You just feel like responding to every freeking post. God you are tiresome.

As for the brittleness, isn't there a procedure to restore brittle pages too? In one of his articles on restoration, Tracey Heft mentions restructuring the cellulose bonds in paper to restore flexibility. He doesn't really discuss it in detail, nor does he state whether this works on pages that are already brittle. It would be interesting to find out though, wouldn't it?

Matt Nelson said he would never attempt to restore a brittle comic as it would make it worse not better, ending up a potential pile of mush.

That's why he never touched my New Fun 1, but between myself and my Mother, who lives in Florida and is truly artistic at restoring things, we made it look awesome. Paul Sassienie, who acquired my copy for me, said I tripled the value.

As for the brittleness, isn't there a procedure to restore brittle pages too? In one of his articles on restoration, Tracey Heft mentions restructuring the cellulose bonds in paper to restore flexibility. He doesn't really discuss it in detail, nor does he state whether this works on pages that are already brittle. It would be interesting to find out though, wouldn't it?

Matt Nelson said he would never attempt to restore a brittle comic as it would make it worse not better, ending up a potential pile of mush.

That's why he never touched my New Fun 1, but between myself and my Mother, who lives in Florida and is truly artistic at restoring things, we made it look awesome. Paul Sassienie, who acquired my copy for me, said I tripled the value.

I know that Matt and Tracey use some different techniques (they've had arguments about it on the boards before), though I couldn't tell you specifically where they differ from one another. You might just call or email Tracey and ask him what he thinks about adding flexibility to brittle books. You might get the same answer or you might not. Either way, it would be good to know in case the NA#26 that you eventually get turns out brittle, or if you decide to restore your New Fun #1.

Nice excuse. You just feel like responding to every freeking post. God you are tiresome.

I said that new leaf wouldn't last.

Can't help it, since you continued to be a worthless turd. I cannot wait for the day you get your last book. Hopefully you will leave the boards since you will have nothing else to talk about.

Do you by chance collect the DC currents. You know those little comic things that tell you what DC books are coming out each month? Or the earlier "single color versions" made on a thinker paper stock?

This pic is my favorite.

Ian_Levine_066.jpg

Yeah, I like that one, too.

Value aside(leaving ACTION #1 out), which book would everyone want the most from this selection? I would prefer either BATMAN #1 or WORLD'S BEST #1.cloud9.gif

Do you by chance collect the DC currents. You know those little comic things that tell you what DC books are coming out each month? Or the earlier "single color versions" made on a thinker paper stock?

Yes I've got almost all of them. There were ninety odd of the comics, and I've got all those, and most of the single colour earlier versions.

This pic is my favorite.

Value aside(leaving ACTION #1 out), which book would everyone want the most from this selection? I would prefer either BATMAN #1 or WORLD'S BEST #1.cloud9.gif

Detective #1. cloud9.gif

This pic is my favorite.

Ian_Levine_066.jpg

Why, that copy of SUPERMAN/BRADMAN, of course. It's the rarest of ALL those books!

insane.gif

Like perhaps that book in the upper right? confused-smiley-013.gif

seriously, it's only worth four measly dollars. and that's not even four pounds, that's four singles American.

honestly, Ian, that's some single-minded - nigh unto lunatic, some might say - determination on display there. thanks to Red Hook for hosting the images.