• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get at Wizard World Chicago?

86 posts in this topic

As for my DD goodness,

Though I did not get a grand slam and finish out my DD #1 - #158 in CGC 9.4 ow/w or better run/set.......upon receiving these 5 books back from CCS=>CGC.......I only have 1 book left until completion!! :whee:

sig.jpg

I wanted to thank Bob Storms for selling me his NM #108 when the doors opened on Thursday along with, Quality Comix, Greg Reece and WW Comics for being damnn near spot on with their grading, pertaining to these books I've bought from them the past few months. :applause:

E390AAE2-802F-444D-9A72-058F910BB5E3_zpsbh49k0cf.jpg

-Finally got myself a copy of Walking Dead 1. Not high grade (probably an 8.0) but I just wanted to have the book that got me interested in comics.

3AD33050-82E6-42C6-B392-0C86F978CC32_zpswgpbgelb.jpg

Congrats on the WD 1 :)

It was nice meeting you at the forum dinner.

lol that was me. I only caught saw him because I noticed the Love and Rockets book you had in your hand. Next time I'll say hello.

It's probably better for people not to meet me and just keep their preconceptions. I'd rather meet jsilverjanet than me or fingh.

If that why you strafe the convention, only letting people see you for 7 seconds or less?

I don't like to interrupt people doing important work. You know, like setting up Heroes sigs. :eyeroll:

-Finally got myself a copy of Walking Dead 1. Not high grade (probably an 8.0) but I just wanted to have the book that got me interested in comics.

3AD33050-82E6-42C6-B392-0C86F978CC32_zpswgpbgelb.jpg

Congrats on the WD 1 :)

It was nice meeting you at the forum dinner.

It was nice meeting you too. I'm already looking forward to next year!

I did find this gem in a $1 box

6CFE4D2C-C230-4855-BF00-17FAC02CDEA1_zpsktwne5i8.jpg

You should totally whip that out when you are negotiating with a dealer at a show.

A pleasure to finally meet 143ksk in person. I apologize for not introducing myself to some of the others at the dinner. I was the guy with two kids.

My haul.

image_zpsmkvzuoir.jpg

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC. Chicago has great boardies, reasonably priced hotels, easy to obtain tickets, and great selection of comics.

A pleasure to finally meet 143ksk in person. I apologize for not introducing myself to some of the others at the dinner. I was the guy with two kids.

My haul.

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC. Chicago has great boardies, reasonably priced hotels, easy to obtain tickets, and great selection of comics.

You'll need to work on your bitterness. You come off as friendly and jovial.

My haul.

image_zpsmkvzuoir.jpg

from one old man to another, nice haul :applause:

My haul.

image_zpsmkvzuoir.jpg

Nice pickups. Hoping to make it next year.