• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get at Wizard World Chicago?

86 posts in this topic

Such a super fun show (as always). Great meeting so many awesome boardies, and the boxes were deep with choice material.

Don't know if I can trump a rock but here's a sampling of my haul :)

wwchicago%20haul_zps0muwax93.jpg

very nice :applause:

A pleasure to finally meet 143ksk in person. I apologize for not introducing myself to some of the others at the dinner. I was the guy with two kids.

My haul.

image_zpsmkvzuoir.jpg

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC. Chicago has great boardies, reasonably priced hotels, easy to obtain tickets, and great selection of comics.

You introduced yourself to me while I was taking a brief rest at John Verzyl's booth, Saturday afternoon. Also caught a glimpse of you at the forum dinner, but we didn't have much time to chat. It was very nice meeting you though. :hi:

Picked up a solid reader copy of Fantastic Four 2, finishing off my run, and a six longbox lot of trade paperbacks from a dealer pal, and once again had a remarkably good dinner and a very fine time at the Forum Dinner.

Meeting Neal Adams for the first time and having a chance to view his painting close up was the highlight, but as always, talking with Boardie buddies, and meeting new ones (Howdy Bitter Old Man!) makes the show for me.

Passed out around fifty business cards to dealers on my continuing hunt for a coverless Action 2. We'll see....

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC

Be sure to bring Jeff with you. Had a blast talking to him at the sushi dinner

Angelo,

Thanks for setting up the two dinners. Sorry, we missed you on Saturday.

Jeff had a great time, even more than SDCC. Jeff was also on the SWAT team and can tell you those war stories.

Wizard Chicago does not have the hype of SDCC, but it does not have the exclusives madness nor rude crowds. I attend comic book conventions for comic books. I can fly my buddy and I into Chicago for the same price of flying Jeff into San Diego. The Chicago hotels are half the price of San Diego.

For me, everything about Wizard Chicago was positive. Unfortunately, I can't say the same after 25 years of SDCC attendance.

I am considering making this my must attend summer show instead of SDCC

Be sure to bring Jeff with you. Had a blast talking to him at the sushi dinner

Angelo,

Thanks for setting up the two dinners. Sorry, we missed you on Saturday.

Jeff had a great time, even more than SDCC. Jeff was also on the SWAT team and can tell you those war stories.

Wizard Chicago does not have the hype of SDCC, but it does not have the exclusives madness nor rude crowds. I attend comic book conventions for comic books. I can fly my buddy and I into Chicago for the same price of flying Jeff into San Diego. The Chicago hotels are half the price of San Diego.

For me, everything about Wizard Chicago was positive. Unfortunately, I can't say the same after 25 years of SDCC attendance.

Glad to hear that you both enjoyed the con. Chicago is definitely a different animal than SDCC, in a good way. Most people have a blast and rank it as the best show for buying comics

This 1st print beauty was THE FIND for me

Zap3%20WWchi_zpsajjijkes.jpg

What is this book? Is it an Israeli variant from the 1970s? I'm really curious.

No, it would be the third issue of Zap Comix, the most well known underground comix title published.