• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing

476 posts in this topic

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=7800&si=121

Eclipse Paper Conservation Offers Comics Pressing Service

Industry News, Scoop, Friday, February 25, 2005

Eclipse Paper Conservation is now accepting comics for pressing! With over 13 years of experience in the restoration of comic and paper-based materials and over five years of pressing comics for satisfied clients, Eclipse Paper is now offering a one-fee pressing service for everyone seeking to improve the condition of their books prior to third party grading! The cost of pressing a book is set at $20.00, regardless of the age of the book needing treatment.

Full details and a submission form are available online at the Eclipse Paper website: www.eclipsepaper.com/pressing.htm.

893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

From the Eclipse pressing webpage...

"...nor can we guarantee that your book will receive an unrestored label if sent to a 3d party grading company for grading!" frustrated.gif

Obviously they aren't willing to make the "pressing is undetectable" argument... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

"I'm for it!"

"I'm against it!"

"But I'm for it!"

"But I'm against it!"

End of thread.

So which side are you on? poke2.gifgrin.gifdevil.gif

Jim

screwy.gif

Well said Greggy! Once again your articulation and depth of response is unparalleled on this Forum... stooges.gif

Jim

"I'm for it!"

"I'm against it!"

"But I'm for it!"

"But I'm against it!"

End of thread.

So which side are you on? poke2.gifgrin.gifdevil.gif

Jim

screwy.gif

Well said Greggy! Once again your articulation and depth of response is unparalleled on this Forum... stooges.gif

Jim

Well...this thread deserved this attention.

$20.00 is pretty cheap but they require a minimum of 5 books.

While I have never had any of my books pressed, I have always been curious at the end result so,

curiosity and fairly inexpensive service combined, I might just have to check it out on a few.