• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Married comics

15 posts in this topic

Can somebody explain to me how married comics can exsist. I have been in comics 47 years and bought Married Dennis the menace comics in the last 3 years. I have CGC 9.2 and 9.4 married copies .How does a person get a 50 year old comic with with pages in mint condition, and just "suddenly" find the same cover on the comic and put it on the comic? I would think this would be a person that worked for the factory as I have maybe 7of them. You can have tape and you CAN MISS CENTERFOLDS BUT THAT IS NOT restored are you kidding me, One comic cgc had sTAPLED REPLACED AND WAS A BLUE LABEL. I JUST HAVE NO IDEA HOW cgc COULD TELL A 50 YEAR OLD COVERIS not THE CORRECT COVER TO THE SAME ISSUE COMIC BOOK. 9.2 AND 9.4 TELLS ME THAT IF THAT RETTACHED THE COVER, YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW. I DONT THINK ITS RESTORED< BUT SOME PEOPLE SAY PRESSED COMICS ARENT RESTORED. HOW LONG HAVE MARRIED COMICS EXSISTED AT CGC? MY POINT IS IF YOU ISED THE COMPITITION I BET THEY HAVE never SEEN A MARRIED COMIC.

:popcorn:

Can somebody explain to me how married comics can exsist..

They like each other fall in love 1 gets pregnant and the father has a gun

:)

Completely off topic I just got a married double cover and for the likes of me I didn't see it before I sent it in for pressing

CGC must have better eyes than me or the fellow pressing it ?

What I do know is someone along the way fiddled with the book --- Now were is that gun :)

I don't have any married comics, but wouldn't be opposed if the book fit my collecting needs, major keys specifically.

A far as I know, CGC has been denoting married covers and pages since their inception. I'm certain the competition denotes married covers/pages as well. Differences in paper quality, jib of the cut of the book, and misaligned staple holes are signs that they use to decipher married books from non-married examples. I'm certain that a professional grader could give you a lot more information than I could.

Married comics=married comics. If it's notated, no big deal.

Regardless, it's not worth misusing the caps lock key over. Don't sweat the small stuff, dude.

Completely off topic I just got a married double cover and for the likes of me I didn't see it before I sent it in for pressing

What I do know is someone along the way fiddled with the book --- Now were is that gun :)

Are you saying that someone married a second cover onto a comic to try and deceive you into thinking it was an actual double cover. I've never heard of that before. That's really bad.

Are you saying that someone married a second cover onto a comic to try and deceive you into thinking it was an actual double cover. I've never heard of that before. That's really bad.

It looks that way :(

Can somebody explain to me how married comics can exsist.

Well, you see Billy, when a man loves a woman two people love each other.......

Married Dennis the Menace comics are probably worth the same as unmarried Dennis the Menace comics. As near as I can tell there is only one guy in the world that actually collects them. And I'm pretty sure he has completed the run.

:news:

According to googled news reports the single worldwide Dennis the Menace collector passed away about ten years ago.

I have a great ebay business selling double triple quadruple cover modern books by merely buying multiple copies and marrying the mess out of them.