• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK Summer Featured Auction

241 posts in this topic

One dollar, that's gotta hurt. I have been burned that way before.

I usually put my max bid in and add an small number at the end to avoid losses like this when I am bidding.

78 cents for example on a smaller book, $23 dollars of some other amount on larger books. I have won several good items by a very small margin using this strategy when I throw in my final bid.

Terribly disappointed with my first clink sale. Cap 74 went CHEAP, not feeling too good about my other book either.

I also have 2 books that are under performing, but will wait and see 1 day to go. (shrug)

If my other book does as poorly as the Cap 74 I'll never consign with Comiclink again. Right now Im staring into the eyes of a 4k loss combined.

Terribly disappointed with my first clink sale. Cap 74 went CHEAP, not feeling too good about my other book either.

I also have 2 books that are under performing, but will wait and see 1 day to go. (shrug)

If my other book does as poorly as the Cap 74 I'll never consign with Comiclink again. Right now Im staring into the eyes of a 4k loss combined.

Just my opinion but I don't understand why Clink references the Overstreet Price Guide on a book like this. The mention of 3200 gives a buyer a frame of reference that is low. At 4800 you are at 150% of Overstreet. Bad quote by CLink.

Does seem low compared to the recent 6.0 and 4.0 sales. Are Caps finally starting to cool? hm

The two St John romance books - both mine - have shown strong interest and gone beyond where I thought they would.

I'm sure anyone collecting these will by now be aware. I'm actually kinda fascinated to see where they will end.

[Not entirely certain, but I think only Giant Edition #12 and Cinderella Love #25 have gone higher to date?]

Does seem low compared to the recent 6.0 and 4.0 sales. Are Caps finally starting to cool? hm

The HA sale an outlier (8K for a 6.0)? Perhaps that sale is skewing perceptions.

For what it is worth I think the 5.0 went cheap, but not by a huge degree.

The HA sale an outlier (8K for a 6.0)? Perhaps that sale is skewing perceptions.

I consigned the Venus # 17 highest graded VF+ and it's going for 25% of the HA acution sale a few years ago. :frustrated:

I won the Cap 74. I dont think it went too cheap since for what I paid was only $100 less then the 5.5 I lost out on a few months ago in Clink. I paid more then what I wanted but I really wanted that book! Thanks for consigning.

I was the underbidder. I bid $4800, and lost by one dollar. :tonofbricks:

Sorry my friend. I lost out on the 5.5 about a year ago by like $50-$75 and wasn't going to lose out on this one. I got sniped on the All Star 3 and didn't want to overbid on the Action 6(Lost by $100) and I still had strong bids on this book and the Tec 140.

I am happy with my purchase and now have Cap 72, 74 and 77. Im trying to complete a run of 70-78 in low to mid grade and now have the toughest book bought and out of the way.

I consigned the Venus # 17 highest graded VF+ and it's going for 25% of the HA acution sale a few years ago. :frustrated:

Hands down one of my favorite pre-code horror issues :cloud9:

I won the Cap 74. I dont think it went too cheap since for what I paid was only $100 less then the 5.5 I lost out on a few months ago in Clink. I paid more then what I wanted but I really wanted that book! Thanks for consigning.

Sorry my friend. I lost out on the 5.5 about a year ago by like $50-$75 and wasn't going to lose out on this one. I got sniped on the All Star 3 and didn't want to overbid on the Action 6(Lost by $100) and I still had strong bids on this book and the Tec 140.

I am happy with my purchase and now have Cap 72, 74 and 77. Im trying to complete a run of 70-78 in low to mid grade and now have the toughest book bought and out of the way.

No worries, you're a fan so it's all good. Enjoy the book!

No worries, you're a fan so it's all good. Enjoy the book!

You're not going to start a flame war if that's the best response you can come up with. :baiting:

How did the Flash 1 3.0 come out? I was disappointed in the AA 16 3.0 hammer price not making guide---Flash seemed to be better than guide the way it was heading --was wondering how close it came to the AA 16 with the same grade

Flash #1 3.0 - $21,750

AA #16 - $25,250

The Flash #1 did pretty well considering it only had light tan pages. Two years ago CL sold a 3.5 copy of Flash 1 for around $15k. Brittle pages obviously hurt the value of the AA 16.

Thanks Dark Knight. Agree, that is a strong sale for the Flash 1--maybe a new trend?? Even with the brittle pages I thought the the scarcity of the AA 16 would have pushed it to 30k

Perhaps a new trend for Flash #1, but too little data points to make that conclusion. With regards to AA 16, two years ago this same book in a CGC 3.0 holder sold for a little over $21k and it had slightly brittle instead of brittle now. I think that time it was still under guide?