• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is CGC possibly this busy??

175 posts in this topic

And from my last experience. CGC is in a tight phase.

Good to hear. Most of the books I just got back were on the low end of the grade range I was hoping for. Hoped for a 9.6 or 9.4 and it came back 9.4. Hoped for a 8.5 or 8.0 and sure enough it was a 8.0. Hook a brotha up.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I can't believe it's taking even longer and like the other people in the turnaround thread, I don't feel like paying an extra $10 per book to get my books graded.

I couldn't wait 4 months to get books back but I guess if you do it regularly packages come every couple months so its not that bad. Guy I know sent in 300 books in March to the other guys and he is still waiting on some to come back. That's over 5 months!

They received mine second week of April and are available for pick up as of Friday at the post office. I am guessing he had sig verification?

CGC is currently about 2-3 weeks faster for moderns

The other company refunds somewhat for going over their stated times though.

How many people does cgc have at comic cons?

Maybe skip some of the cons, to get the tat's back on schedule.

They do onsite at 4 cons this year(right? Im not sure, philly, megacon, chicago, baltimore, another?)

The rest of the cons they just take subs and do the ss thing.

So in chicago they had like 10+ people on the floor taking subs, doing the ss's, etc.

The rest of the shows without onsite, on the floor its around 2-4 people

Skipping con's arent going to do much to tat's.

How many people does cgc have at comic cons?

Maybe skip some of the cons, to get the tat's back on schedule.

They do onsite at 4 cons this year(right? Im not sure, philly, megacon, chicago, baltimore, another?)

The rest of the cons they just take subs and do the ss thing.

So in chicago they had like 10+ people on the floor taking subs, doing the ss's, etc.

The rest of the shows without onsite, on the floor its around 2-4 people

Skipping con's arent going to do much to tat's.

but will likely cost them revenue and marketing/recognition/marketplace presence (and therefore more revenue)....so I don't see that happening.

I have four books I submitted in the second week of March that still haven't been even graded yet. :taptaptap:

Of course that includes the facilitator sending them on a worldwide tour by mistake before getting them back to CGC.

These were all good 9.8 candidates when they left my hands, but now... after their world tour I have a feeling they're not coming back 9.8. :facepalm:

Doesn't CGC charge more to grade at cons?

Yes, they have a different pricing schedule for onsite grading

Higher per-book price, but no shipping costs, insurance or invoice fees.

Doesn't CGC charge more to grade at cons?

Yes, they have a different pricing schedule for onsite grading

Higher per-book price, but no shipping costs, insurance or invoice fees.

no invoice fees? didn't know that. very nice.