• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 667 1:100 Dell'Otto Variant

916 posts in this topic

Not sure what you think that link is proving but oddly enough I messaged that seller about trying to buy the book

Did you get tricked into believing his lies about the print run?

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

No, but maybe the author of this well respected and often referenced website did: <3

http://recalledcomics.com/AmazingSpider-Man667DellOtto.php

-J.

Oh, this guy. The same one making claims about the Wytches recalled issue? lol

Yeah that guy. And basically every other guy from every other board who actually does know anything about this book, except of course for a few persistent naysayers who can't seem to stop obsessing over a book that they do not own and probably will never own. 

Oops here is another early thread from the GPA forums further confirming same:

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_...riant+Prices%3F

-J.

So it's ok for you to use hearsay. Cool.

Everyone, eh? EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE but the few misguided folks here. lol

Nah. Just demonstrating that your "opinions" have heretofore not been shared or advocated by anyone else with the exception of a few spiteful boardies in this appreciation thread.

Class act, the lot of you. lol

-J.

Not sure what you think that link is proving but oddly enough I messaged that seller about trying to buy the book

No, but maybe the author of this well respected and often referenced website did: <3

-J.

Yeah that guy. And basically every other guy from every other board who actually does know anything about this book, except of course for a few persistent naysayers who can't seem to stop obsessing over a book that they do not own and probably will never own. 

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_...riant+Prices%3F

-J.

So it's ok for you to use hearsay. Cool.

Everyone, eh? EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE but the few misguided folks here. lol

Nah. Just demonstrating that your "opinions" have heretofore not been shared or advocated by anyone else with the exception of a few spiteful boardies in this appreciation thread.

Class act, the lot of you. lol

-J.

Well you always have everyone else everywhere to save you from the spiteful boardies. (thumbs u

Anyone attempting to reason with Mr. Dog has already lost. In fact, you lost the moment you glanced at the thread title.

Indeed. Especially if you have no facts and attempt to represent generalizations and theories as "facts", while ignoring the actual publicly available facts.

That happens a lot around here. lol

-J.

You are the one who has posted numbers as if they are facts, despite having no data that backs up (or is even related to) those numbers.

How about you try this little exercise:

FACTS:

The Winnipeg Jets played a game a over a week ago.

Jacob Trouba took one minor penalty in the game.

The Jets' opposition won 29 faceoffs in the game.

Nikolaj Ehlers had 3 shots on goal in the game.

The opposing RW with the highest number of shots in the game also had 3.

Who won the game? What was the score? Who was the opposition?

Wow really ? So now publicly available sales data are not facts ?

We're really going into twilight zone territory now. :ohnoez:

-J.

Not referring to sales data. Are you going to claim that you have never posted numbers when posting about the print run?

Anyone attempting to reason with Mr. Dog has already lost. In fact, you lost the moment you glanced at the thread title.

Indeed. Especially if you have no facts and attempt to represent generalizations and theories as "facts", while ignoring the actual publicly available facts.

That happens a lot around here. lol

-J.

You are the one who has posted numbers as if they are facts, despite having no data that backs up (or is even related to) those numbers.

How about you try this little exercise:

FACTS:

The Winnipeg Jets played a game a over a week ago.

Jacob Trouba took one minor penalty in the game.

The Jets' opposition won 29 faceoffs in the game.

Nikolaj Ehlers had 3 shots on goal in the game.

The opposing RW with the highest number of shots in the game also had 3.

Who won the game? What was the score? Who was the opposition?

Wow really ? So now publicly available sales data are not facts ?

We're really going into twilight zone territory now. :ohnoez:

-J.

Not referring to sales data. Are you going to claim that you have never posted numbers when posting about the print run?

No I am not. I stated in my first post that there could be as few as 200 printed and in circulation (based on the educated guesstimates from multiple parties and multiple sources, coupled with historical market availability, public sales transactions and the census patterns (as compared to books with similarly low estimated print runs from the same time period)).

I have seen nothing advanced to undermine that estimate.

-J.

-J.

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_thread.asp?pagenumber=1&ThreadID=6102767&forumID=17&threadName=Amazing+Spider-man+--+Insane+Variant+Prices%3F

-J.

You realize the "GPA forums" are just this site through a mobile web app....right? :shy:

how come you didnt buy it when it was new?

lol I couldn't find one. I live in a large metropolitan area with multiple large comic shops and none of them ordered enough regular copies to get the variant.

Trust me I looked! :tonofbricks:

-J.

Yet a store in Newfoundland did?

Have you been to Newfoundland? lol

how come you didnt buy it when it was new?

lol I couldn't find one. I live in a large metropolitan area with multiple large comic shops and none of them ordered enough regular copies to get the variant.

Trust me I looked! :tonofbricks:

-J.

Yet a store in Newfoundland did?

Have you been to Newfoundland? lol

lol I know right.

They didn't get it from diamond though. The owner himself acquired it from the secondary market and "cashed out" evidently when he thought the market for it was peaking.

By all accounts he did well. I didn't mind "overpaying" a little at the time because I never sell comics and his was the only copy I heard about through the grapevine even possibly being available for "the right price". So after some back and forth negotiations, multiple high resolution scans, begging and pleading, and an international wire transfer I finally scored a copy. I then slabbed it a year ago after the prices started going nuclear because I wanted to make sure it really would be a certified 9.8. Thankfully it was.

-J.

What does everyone here do for a living? I just logged back in and there is like 20 pages of ongoing dialogue.... Who can do this at work?

JDog, whatever you do and can afford your sig line - I want in!

I get paid to post.