• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does every key go at GPA or above for every auction?

25 posts in this topic

I'm looking at the pedigree comics auction ready to end tonight and all the things I am looking at is pretty much near their peak.

Can you ever pick up a key comic at a deal on an auction site?

Define key? Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 sure seemed to have some auctions that were less then the previous one.

To be fair, I have won one book in a Pedigree auction.

My winning bid was $210 for that book in early 2014 that according to GPA was selling throughout 2013 for an average of $335 and an average of $338 in 2014.

Like all auction sites... there are deals to be had on books you are looking for if you are patient.

My winning bid was $210 for that book in early 2014 that according to GPA was selling throughout 2013 for an average of $335 and an average of $338 in 2014.

Like all auction sites... there are deals to be had on books you are looking for if you are patient.

But was the book a KEY ? When trying to acquire a key, in this market, patience will end up costing you more money.

But was the book a KEY ? When trying to acquire a key, in this market, patience will end up costing you more money.

It was Amazing Spider-man 98, one of the 'drug' issues. On the idea of waiting on keys and it costing you money I definitely agree.

A few years ago, I won several books on Pedigree, from Iron Man 1 to Subby 1 to Cap 100 to IMSM 1 (all in 9.8)

Not major SA keys but still.

None were picked up as "good deals". Prolly Schmell made sure of that :whistle:

If the book is a pedigree why wouldn't it go near the high end of GPA?

Because it depends on many things:

Presentation, eye appeal, ink strike, markings (some people won't bid on books with writing or markings and many pedigrees are defined by these types of markings), page quality and oh yes, the very thing that defines each and every auction - how many bidders actually want the item.

If even one bidder decides to go to the bathroom, put their child to bed or just make out with the wife as the auction is ending the results can be dramatic.