• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four 2 - Fox (2015-06-09) They Are Still Threatening to Release This

45 posts in this topic

Post Infinity War, I'd love to see the focus be on the cosmic side. If they use the same strategy as they did with the Avengers, all the solo movies leading up to the big team-up, then hopefully we could see Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, Realm of Kings, and War of Kings as the big team-up movies.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest t a "bastardized" version...I'm a hard-core SA FF fan. I just meant that they come about later in the film timeline of events rather than as the 'first family'...poor choice of words on my part.

Like you, I want the original characters, but perhaps with a modified origin story for why they go into space that would fit the film continuity.

Dan

This is likely posturing now, but Fox will have to produce another one sooner or later to retain the rights.......

Mind you, I wonder how much they will actually lose on it. There should have been some product placement revenue regardless of how much of a turd this film was.

This is likely posturing now, but Fox will have to produce another one sooner or later to retain the rights.......

Mind you, I wonder how much they will actually lose on it. There should have been some product placement revenue regardless of how much of a turd this film was.

...and that's why I said many months ago that one of the avenues of merchandising they look into should be toilet paper

lol

There's almost no way they made back they're money after marketing. For a Studio Tent-Pole film with a budget like this, you can generally double the budget to get close to the amount they need to recoup costs after marketing.

:news: FF 2 to feature 10 year old FF characters in a Spy kids type movie.

One White one Black one Asian one Hispanic

i read some of the comments made after i made mine and looking at the current m.o. that Marvel is operating on, i think they have replacements for every character, even Spider-man.

I don't think they need anyone that they don't have. Would they like to have them, maybe, but i don't think they need to make any phone calls to anyone.

Kate Mara does not think a sequel will happen:

http://news.yahoo.com/kate-mara-doubts-fantastic-four-will-get-a-sequel-082717007.html

Yet, Simon Kinberg, the movie's writer and producer, believes that there is still a sequel to be made.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2269379/simon-kinberg-fantastic-four-2/

Keep in mind that these interviews were held at the same red carpet event for "The Martian" as Mara appears in Kinberg's new movie about being stranded on a desert island the planet Mars.

I'm not why folks keep thinking marvel wants the FF back

I see no reason to believe this

The Silver Surfer is who they really want.

Silver_Surfer_Vol_1_4.jpg

And Galactus. Post Thanos, who better as the BIG BAD?

Kang is also tied up in the FF rights.