• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ADVENTURE 26

89 posts in this topic

If Poor copies sell for 1-3% of Guide, then the NM equivalent price of what they're asking here would be between $6,000 and $17,900.

I think that an argument could be made that this book is closer to a fair than poor.

I know i would glady pay 3% of guide for any Action #1 or Tec #27 that looked like this NA #31.

But - notice you said 1-3% of GUIDE and I think that is a key. Not 1-3% of high grade market value but guide. So really this NA is overpriced at $179 and it is still sitting there - no one is snapping it up even though you are claiming it is a good deal.

And $6,000 to $17,900 is quite a spread - the guide doens't give a spread like that it has a fixed number. One would figure the 1% would be for low demand/common books while the 3% would be for higher demand/rarer books, and even still you are coming up with a top guide of $6000 - a far cry from the $15,000 being asked.

Hey Zilla,

Like I said, the point of my post wasn't to support the $15K asking price. I was simply pointing out that this $179 BIN for the brittle paged (sorry, that's a Poor, not a Fair in my book) beater copy of NA#31 does not "PROVE" (as Ian put it) that DTA's asking price on the NA#26 was too high. flowerred.gif

Only five issues away from the one I need, and listed with a BIN of $179.

That should PROVE my comments about silly pricing

No offense, Ian, but you're sounding *very* hypocritical about all this.

(I can hear you asking: "How so?", so...)

Let's say you owned 2 copies of the Superman/Bradman comic (I know you have a problem understanding hypothetical situations, but I'm not saying you DO own 2 copies, let's just pretend for a moment you do).

Some other person trying to get a complete DC collection could find out you have a spare copy and ask you to sell one.

You tell him: "I'll sell it to you for $4,000"

"FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS?!? That's 1000X guide!!!"

"Well, the guide isn't accurate at least on this particular comic so that's the take-it-or-leave-it price."

"You're just trying to gouge me cause you know it's one of the last comics I need!"

Etc. etc.

Basically, if you feel Dave Alexander's price is too high for you to pay, fine, but stop complaining about it. Please.

893crossfingers-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

:Edited to correct dealer name: foreheadslap.gif

I think that an argument could be made that this book is closer to a fair than poor.

I would agree.

The cover is complete, all the pages are there, and I've seen far far worse comics which DID deserve to be called a poor.

With a bit of restoration, this one could look quiite presentable, and all for $179, a perfectly reasonable price for a low grade New Adventure.

I would agree.

The cover is complete, all the pages are there, and I've seen far far worse comics which DID deserve to be called a poor.

With a bit of restoration, this one could look quiite presentable, and all for $179, a perfectly reasonable price for a low grade New Adventure.

Come on guys, the book has been immersed in water and has color bleeding, is molding, has brittle pages, and is beat to hell. It is literally a textbook Poor. While I agree that the book could be restored to a more presentable copy (but only at a substantial cost, and the paper would still be somewhat brittle), we are talking about the book as it exists now.

No offense, Ian, but you're sounding *very* hypocritical about all this.

(I can hear you asking: "How so?", so...)

Let's say you owned 2 copies of the Superman/Bradman comic (I know you have a problem understanding hypothetical situations, but I'm not saying you DO own 2 copies, let's just pretend for a moment you do).

Some other person trying to get a complete DC collection could find out you have a spare copy and ask you to sell one.

You tell him: "I'll sell it to you for $4,000"

"FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS?!? That's 1000X guide!!!"

"Well, the guide isn't accurate at least on this particular comic so that's the take-it-or-leave-it price."

"You're just trying to gouge me cause you know it's one of the last comics I need!"

Etc. etc.

Basically, if you feel Dave Alexander's price is too high for you to pay, fine, but stop complaining about it. Please.

Ian, it may be that BradleyX2 is right. If your complaint is that the copy being offered to you is 10 times guide, but you would pay 5 times guide, did it ever occur to you that perhaps guide on that book should be twice as much (or more) than it is? If so, then your complaint based on the guide-multiple-analysis is flawed. In other words, what if the next edition of Overstreet broke that issue out for special treatment because of its rarity (like it does with New Adventure 13)? If that occurs, then in a month or so DTA's price could suddenly appear to be much more reasonable.