• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renew your vows #5 = Spider-Verse #2

117 posts in this topic

Mary jane was the talk of the week, but then gwenpool knocked her out cold....if maryjane ends up wearing the same custome for the iron man books she did in this book i can see this book, at least the 1:100 and higher ratios, get a bump in demand. No idea what marvel has planned for her though. Personally im crossing my fingers she becomes a side kick and not takenthe mantle as the next iron man/woman.

Is there a precedent for a "fist appearance" being only on a cover ?

I raised this point once before regarding the batman 608 RRP. On it, Hush first appears, but he is not yet revealed in the story. He officially appears in the story in the next issue. No one could think of any other occasion where a character first appears on a cover but not a story.

Granted, "gwen-pool" is a gag cover and the character will likely never see the light of day in regular Marvel continuity but it's still an interesting scenario that may become demonstrative in the future.

I also think that the RYV #5 1/200/250 is a better play for future long term value. Right now the "gwen-pool" cover looks to be a better flip, but the book appears to have been hoarded by speculators from the beginning and seems extremely common.

-J.

I raised this point once before regarding the batman 608 RRP. On it, Hush first appears, but he is not yet revealed in the story. He officially appears in the story in the next issue. No one could think of any other occasion where a character first appears on a cover but not a story.

Granted, "gwen-pool" is a gag cover and the character will likely never see the light of day in regular Marvel continuity but it's still an interesting scenario that may become demonstrative in the future.

I also think that the RYV #5 1/200/250 is a better play for future long term value. Right now the "gwen-pool" cover looks to be a better flip, but the book appears to have been hoarded by speculators from the beginning and seems extremely common.

-J.

Is Howard the Duck set in the regular Marvel continuity, because the Gwenpool mini series story synopsis says that she is learning from Howard how to deal with being stuck in an alternate reality.

So Marvel spoiled MJ's new role in the preview for issue #2.

Don't click unless you want to know.

MJ is his SISTER!

As for which #5's are the ones to own? IMO the Campbell Hawaii Variant, and the Killing Joke Swipe ComicXposure variants are where it's at for #5.

Quesada variants are over rated IMO. But Stan is the man.

-J.

Is Howard the Duck set in the regular Marvel continuity, because the Gwenpool mini series story synopsis says that she is learning from Howard how to deal with being stuck in an alternate reality.

I would say in this instance, regardless of the past this is her first appearance. It has her name, full costume, and the concept is realized, just as much as any cameo. Of course this won't eventually be her "First Appearance" on slabs, but also remember whatever that book ends up being is going to have a huge print run and every punter around lining up and buying them by the dozens. This is a safe bet if you are indeed betting on Gwenpool.

PS: Is there even a "regular continuity" anymore post Secret-Wars?

MJ is his SISTER!

As for which #5's are the ones to own? IMO the Campbell Hawaii Variant, and the Killing Joke Swipe ComicXposure variants are where it's at for #5.

You wouldnt take a much rarer book over the two you picked? At then end is a preference of artist/cover. I wish the colored versions were the rarest ones. 1:100/1:150. Although i prefere mask spidey myself.

-J.

I would say in this instance, regardless of the past this is her first appearance. It has her name, full costume, and the concept is realized, just as much as any cameo. Of course this won't eventually be her "First Appearance" on slabs, but also remember whatever that book ends up being is going to have a huge print run and every punter around lining up and buying them by the dozens. This is a safe bet if you are indeed betting on Gwenpool.

Yes. (thumbs u And it has already been revealed that "Spider-Gwen" won't be in it either.

-J.

MJ is his SISTER!

You would take a much rarer book over the two you picked? At then end is a preference of artist/cover. I wish the colored versions were the rarest ones. 1:100/1:150. Although i prefere mask spidey myself.

I'm not a super-fan of Quesada's work either usually, but I am attracted to the extreme rarity. Only 350 copies ? Damn.

-J.

-J.

Yes. (thumbs u And it has already been revealed that "Spider-Gwen" won't be in it either.

-J.

Not in the main 616, but she should be in an alternate universe, she does have a new solo coming out.

Anyways about this mj/iron man rumor posted earlier....got a link or anything?

-J.

-J.

Not in the main 616, but she should be in an alternate universe, she does have a new solo coming out.

Anyways about this mj/iron man rumor posted earlier....got a link or anything?

+1

Man this is Princes Leia and Luke again

MJ is his SISTER!

You would take a much rarer book over the two you picked? At then end is a preference of artist/cover. I wish the colored versions were the rarest ones. 1:100/1:150. Although i prefere mask spidey myself.

I personally would rather have the Hawaii cover as its JSC (always a hot variant), and from my rudimentary math the print run on these is not going to be that much higher than the 1:100/1:150. Get it signed by JSC and slabbed, money in the bank or a beautiful JSC Mary Jane cover. Win/Win.

I am just not a fan of the art on the Stan marriage covers, and I'm not talking as a flipper here, more as a collector.