• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renew your vows #5 = Spider-Verse #2

117 posts in this topic

Is there even any guarantee that this MJ makes it to the main continuity?

I'm so very skeptical of speculatively buying anything until Secret Wars is over and we see who ends up sticking around. For example I thought Punisher/Strange could have been cool, but he got iced.

Here's my one prediction about the results of Secret Wars: there's been a tease about a big sacrifice/death in #7; my take is that since Marvel doesn't have the movie rights to FF, Reed Richards is going to bite it, and Maker is going to emerge as the surviving Richards in what comes next. We've already seen members of the FF teased in other titles post-Secret Wars. FF is done forever (unless Marvel regains the media rights) and Marvel will do its best to make sure that there's nothing to build on for the properties they don't control.

Winning is fun.

BO6lK3M.jpg

Aside from the fact that they are restarting to do the worst, this girl does not even remotely look like Mary Jane… lol

I renew my vows… not to buy anything from Marvel once again, unless it is something where they put some effort to regain decency.

Is there even any guarantee that this MJ makes it to the main continuity?

I'm so very skeptical of speculatively buying anything until Secret Wars is over and we see who ends up sticking around. For example I thought Punisher/Strange could have been cool, but he got iced.

Here's my one prediction about the results of Secret Wars: there's been a tease about a big sacrifice/death in #7; my take is that since Marvel doesn't have the movie rights to FF, Reed Richards is going to bite it, and Maker is going to emerge as the surviving Richards in what comes next. We've already seen members of the FF teased in other titles post-Secret Wars. FF is done forever (unless Marvel regains the media rights) and Marvel will do its best to make sure that there's nothing to build on for the properties they don't control.

What is "done forever" is Marvel's earnestness, or at least so it seems. :flamed:

I think this MJ is the same MJ from Marvel 616.... the current MJ, not MJ from "renew your vows"

It would have been nice if Marvel brings MJ and Annie from "renew your vows". I really like how Annie (Peter and MJ's daughter) was written. it reminded me of early Spidey.

Isn't MJ supposed to be a red head??? she looks like Pots

Winning is fun.

BO6lK3M.jpg

Aside from the fact that they are restarting to do the worst, this girl does not even remotely look like Mary Jane… lol

I renew my vows… not to buy anything from Marvel once again, unless it is something where they put some effort to regain decency.

I think this MJ is the same MJ from Marvel 616.... the current MJ, not MJ from "renew your vows"

It would have been nice if Marvel brings MJ and Annie from "renew your vows". I really like how Annie (Peter and MJ's daughter) was written. it reminded me of early Spidey.

I think this MJ is the same MJ from Marvel 616

The 616 will no longer exist in Iron Man #1.

It's a New continuity.

Guess its time to cash in before its too late then. I really dislike the Stan Lee/Wedding variants, so I'm going with the MJ J Scott 3k and 2k print run Hawaii variants. I'm also from Hawaii, so added bonus.

$_57.JPG

Any idea what the print runs actually are on the 1:100/1:150 are? I know Renew Your Vows is one of the better sellers for SW.

I think this MJ is the same MJ from Marvel 616

The 616 will no longer exist in Iron Man #1.

It's a New continuity.

"616" is just a concept popped up in the mind of Alan Moore while he was writing his Captain Britain in the early 1980s.

Marvel did not even want to use it until recently, and then all of a sudden this "alternate reality" fad has become an excellent further excuse not to respect the characters or to erase and reinvent.

Personally, I find this just another element which adds to their lack of seriety.

1:200 and 1:250 may make a bit more noise if true, missed the boat, oh well.

indeed. i hate those covers sadly though. i'll just settle for the Hawaii con JSC one, and maybe a Bradshaw + a few Cover As.

Hey Larry, in the long run what do you see being the money makers/worth investing in here?

I know smart money says 1:200, but somethings telling me we might see a little action (in terms of % growth for price you pay) from the J Scott Hawaii covers at the end of the day. We've all seen it before when it comes to JCS, and no disrespect but the Quesada variant is a bit bread and butter to me.

Hey Larry, in the long run what do you see being the money makers/worth investing in here?

I know smart money says 1:200, but somethings telling me we might see a little action (in terms of % growth for price you pay) from the J Scott Hawaii covers at the end of the day. We've all seen it before when it comes to JCS, and no disrespect but the Quesada variant is a bit bread and butter to me.

My opinion.

Right now the market frowns upon the regional shop variant.

I've been banking for a decade this turns around.

Simple numbers game.

If there's less of something, eventually it should be worth more.

History with early American Entertainment & Dynamic Forces variants backs this up.

The time to buy this book was last week. The horse is out of the barn now.

If this MJ isn't featured going forward this is moot.

My opinion.

Simple numbers game.

History with early American Entertainment & Dynamic Forces variants backs this up.

I have to defer to your sage knowledge.

Where do convention specials fitinto that?

My opinion.

Simple numbers game.

I have to defer to your sage knowledge.

Where do convention specials fitinto that?

Convention variants are essentially regional shop variants.

If it's a first printing with a cool cover & a smaller print run than the regular cover, I believe eventually it will be more desirable.