• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renew your vows #5 = Spider-Verse #2

117 posts in this topic

( I buy variants as a fan if they tickle my fancy, flip fast for business )

I'm a variant man myself, I just have to say sadly as much as I love stan the man, I hate that cover...

Joe Q, Alex Ross, Jim Lee, JSC variants.

I need them all.

They are the moderns I actually love.

Am I missing something?? There's an Alex Ross variant? Jim Lee and JSC too? I just see the Queseda's with and w/o mask.

lol.

No

Those are the artist variants, I collect personally.

I love comic books. 99% of the comics I buy are for my collection, but I don't have a problem picking up an easy flip. I buy comics for the artwork and most of the time I do judge a book by its' cover (if it's something I'm not familiar with). As just a general comic book fan, the wedding variants are unappealing. I have no desire to pick up any of the wedding variants. I will pick up multiples of each issue in the run (which I have) but I don't see any point to Peter and MJ at the altar, or MJ in a flowing gown or any of that mess. Show me venom, show me A.M.P. being a BAMF, show me Peter getting smacked around by Regent.. just anything other than another Kardashian wedding on the cover.

I completely agree. I understand the homage to the annual, but I prefer that sweet Venom over out of all of them. Even the regular cover is a bit off to me. The venom one I thi k is flipping sweet. I picked up two, so that I could put one on the wall. I just wish I had known that they were on eBay, before picking them up through comicxposure. Ah well worth the money.

>>>Is there even any guarantee that this MJ makes it to the main continuity?<<<

Nope.

Speculating.

If there's a demand she surely would. We just have to wait and see what the populace thinks :P

Mary Jane and Gwen both have huge followings. Look at the JSC covers. Definitely worth taking a small chance. If nothing else, the main cover looks awesome as have many of the other covers in this mini. 2c

Is there even any guarantee that this MJ makes it to the main continuity?

I'm so very skeptical of speculatively buying anything until Secret Wars is over and we see who ends up sticking around. For example I thought Punisher/Strange could have been cool, but he got iced.

You shouldn’t be skeptical of "speculatively buying" during Secret Wars: that’s what Marvel hopes and expects for you… :shrug:

:P