• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renew your vows #5 = Spider-Verse #2

117 posts in this topic

Sorry Larry! I agree - thanks for the heads up! A good read overall, was just hoping for more.

Most board-ies were negative the day Spider-verse #2 shipped as well....

Only time will tell.

More than half the internet is negative. But I bet most of 'em still went out and picked up a few copies when they figured they could make a buck or two.

Sorry Larry! I agree - thanks for the heads up! A good read overall, was just hoping for more.

Only time will tell.

More than half the internet is negative. But I bet most of 'em still went out and picked up a few copies when they figured they could make a buck or two.

Probably not most, otherwise we are estimating there are only around a hundred thousand comic collectors which is depressing. :grin:

How'd I do? Negative enough?

:jokealert:

Only time will tell.

Probably not most, otherwise we are estimating there are only around a hundred thousand comic collectors which is depressing. :grin:

How'd I do? Negative enough?

:jokealert:

100,000 "print" comic collectors & growing.

Have you been to a show lately?

The number of kids, tweens, teens, women & families that are discovering the medium through social media, tv, movies, podcast & cosplay is explosive.

It's translating to print sales.

They're all looking for something new.

This sold out at my lcs (100+ copies) today. I could only get one copy.

Cool...

It'll either be a "thing" or it wont.

The modern speculator has to have thick skin.

I'll be ready to throw cash around next week too.

I love moderns.

Any hint we can chew on tonight?

The 1:200 and 1:250 are selling like those BB-8 toys were selling on force friday!

They making a lot of noise on eBay.

I like the original cover. Not wanting a variant. LCS had plenty.

The original cover is a lot better. And I couldn’t care less for this kind of speculation: Slott is almost decent on this series so far, so I just enjoy reading it. :D

This sold out at my lcs (100+ copies) today. I could only get one copy.

Cool...

It'll either be a "thing" or it wont.

The modern speculator has to have thick skin.

I'll be ready to throw cash around next week too.

I love moderns.

Any hint we can chew on tonight?

Next week I'm buying a bunch of Tokoyo Ghost #1

(The Diamond RRP is gonna be bananas)

Before I bite the bullet on the "Stan Lee" wedding variants, honest opinion, do we have a quick buy and dump on our hands or do you guys see these holding value?

Otherwise I'm fine with the Bradshaw variant which is beautiful imo.

I've seen far too many 1:100+ variants do hot for a minute then fall to around the levels of the normal print run.

Before I bite the bullet on the "Stan Lee" wedding variants, honest opinion, do we have a quick buy and dump on our hands or do you guys see these holding value?

I've seen far too many 1:100+ variants do hot for a minute then fall to around the levels of the normal print run.

If MJ or the kid don't make it beyond Secret Wars this is dead stock.

However....

If she does & it's well received.

$$

( I buy variants as a fan if they tickle my fancy, flip fast for business )

However....

$$

I'm a variant man myself, I just have to say sadly as much as I love stan the man, I hate that cover...

However....

$$

I'm a variant man myself, I just have to say sadly as much as I love stan the man, I hate that cover...

Joe Q, Alex Ross, Jim Lee, JSC variants.

I need them all.

They are the moderns I actually love.

However....

$$

I need them all.

No love for Adam Hughes?

I need them all.

Am I missing something?? There's an Alex Ross variant? Jim Lee and JSC too? I just see the Queseda's with and w/o mask.

I love comic books. 99% of the comics I buy are for my collection, but I don't have a problem picking up an easy flip. I buy comics for the artwork and most of the time I do judge a book by its' cover (if it's something I'm not familiar with). As just a general comic book fan, the wedding variants are unappealing. I have no desire to pick up any of the wedding variants. I will pick up multiples of each issue in the run (which I have) but I don't see any point to Peter and MJ at the altar, or MJ in a flowing gown or any of that mess. Show me venom, show me A.M.P. being a BAMF, show me Peter getting smacked around by Regent.. just anything other than another Kardashian wedding on the cover.