• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

I picked up my whole series for $32 (including a 9.4 #1 and a NM+ MGC reprint of #1) not much longer ago than that. I was the only bidder.

i'd have to double check my thread, but my recollection is that i sold a #1 here for over $30 like a year ago and it was not better than a NM, so i don't think there was any "it might be a 9.8" thing going on. the book was warm for a while.

I think Alias 1 will hold up as long as Netfilx/Marvel is using the character. Alias 24 is more of a gamble, if they kill him this season its one and done.

Tennant could definitely be the Hiddleston/Loki of the Netflix/Marvel Knights stuff. He's got the charm & appeal for it. Just a question of whether he wants to keep doing genre TV stuff or wants to get back into movie work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-First-Jessica-Jones-2001-Marvels-Greatest-Comics-Variant-MAX-Netflix-NM-/171966109192?hash=item2809fa9608:g:gR8AAOSwLVZVxXf~

---------

2 months ago i passed on about 20 of these in a dollar box. i really hope i got at least one. i figured it was such a mass produced reprint, why bother.....

i wonder if they're still there?

2 months ago you probably also passed on A deal like this :baiting:

almost $30 for shipping for a VF #1 (maybe) would probably get me to pass today

Alias 1 was hot at the time I passed on the reprints. I just figured the reprints would be worthless.

That was for the whole series.

did anyone care about any of the other issues until yesterday? by the time i get around to scanning and listing #24 it will be $1 again. also, VF, sometimes it is hard to move VFs. sometimes it is easy. but for the non-key books i suspect it will be hard.

There are lots of people that will buy entire runs.

Also, I sold a #24 at the beginning of August for $22, so yes, there were people interested.

You are now seeing a spike in the sales and value of Alias 24, the first modern Purple Man appearance. Apparently the print run is low in the area of 17k, and the book is now selling int he mid 20's raw.

Never chase the villain books, be it Jessica Jones, or Avengers Infinity War. A new hero not previously cared about, (Jessica), sure. A villain who is one and done, sell that into the hype

100% correct.

I'll take all of the Alias #24's that you have. (thumbs u

If I had more than my personal collection copies I would be happy to unload them to you. To each there own, let's revisit this post in 6 months and see where its at.

I think Alias 1 will hold up as long as Netfilx/Marvel is using the character. Alias 24 is more of a gamble, if they kill him this season its one and done.

There is only so much time for each character and each show. New villains will always be continuously introduced, even if he lives. Anyone wanting to go for Purpleman as having long term increased interest should be after Daredevil 4. Look to buy them 2-3 months after the show, and if you can handle the patience, buy them right as Daredevil Season 2 is being released and everyone has stopped caring.

As for Alias #1, all books will have tops and pull backs, but long term it will be a strong book from this point on. There are so few female lead characters, and unlike villains, people's interest in heroes stay. She will permanently be a far more prominent and well known character to the current generation.

I have several 9.8s and some raw of Alias #1 and I dont really feel any desire to sell them. I'd rather hold on for signing opportunities, and would MAYBE sell a 9.8 if the price goes crazy during the shows release. I have my original copy from years ago at CGC and if it comes back 9.6 I'd probably sell it into the show hype.

I think Alias #1 has a good analog in NYX #3. X-23 is more loved by comic fans, but Jessica is about to be a lot more loved by the mainstream. They are both 2000s era 1st appearance in non-mainstream books. I think if Alias #1 passes NYX #3 in value then look for it to fall (that'd be overvalued), but I do think it will catch up to it once the full hype hits.

NYX#3 is in strong hands (well distributed to collectors), while Alias #1 is concentrated in weak hands (speculators/retailers hoarding multiple copies). Once enough time goes on that Alias #1 gets well distributed to strong hands, then we will really be able to see what value it pulls.

By the time defenders gets released, I think it will be well established at whatever its long term price point is.

Edited by CBT

If anyone has an entire run for 60-70.00 bucks to offer me Ill gladly take it off their hands.

When you look at sales for raw NM Alias #1 3-4 months ago, you could see that alot of them were selling for well over $50 even up to 70.. It just wasnt discussed much but the promise was there.

Even MCG reprints werent as common as we think.

I just stopped buying them after I accumulated 5-6 copies and submitted one (which scored a 9.8) early this year :)

Having read Alias and a lot of X-23 stuff, Alias always stuck out to me. X-23 looks cool but was extremely derivative of Wolverine. I don't really recall any story that made me say " wow " whereas the Purple storyline from Alias made me wonder how could this take place in the Marvel U. Then I thought of those old gritty and dark Daredevil stories and characters like Karen Page. It occurred to me that this series was right at home. While I agree that more collectors currently seek out X-23 appearances than Jessica's, I'd be willing to bet more readers preferred Alias to NYX.

I was at an after work office happy hour and some late 20something guys in my office were babbling about this show and the DD netflix show as well. there is some buzz among non-comic reading types (although these guys were familiar with the comics...he understood my luke cage tiara reference right away)

You are now seeing a spike in the sales and value of Alias 24, the first modern Purple Man appearance. Apparently the print run is low in the area of 17k, and the book is now selling int he mid 20's raw.

Never chase the villain books, be it Jessica Jones, or Avengers Infinity War. A new hero not previously cared about, (Jessica), sure. A villain who is one and done, sell that into the hype

100% correct.

If I had more than my personal collection copies I would be happy to unload them to you. To each there own, let's revisit this post in 6 months and see where its at.

Why would I hold them for that long?

My argument is against being a buyer, and you are acknowledging anyone buying is foolish with your reply(while also asking to buy), so we agree.

If you acknowledge they have no actual value, and you are buying them from me now, how much do you think they will go up between now, when you are paying the current price, and when you plan to sell them.

Edited by CBT

Having read Alias and a lot of X-23 stuff, Alias always stuck out to me. X-23 looks cool but was extremely derivative of Wolverine. I don't really recall any story that made me say " wow " whereas the Purple storyline from Alias made me wonder how could this take place in the Marvel U. Then I thought of those old gritty and dark Daredevil stories and characters like Karen Page. It occurred to me that this series was right at home. While I agree that more collectors currently seek out X-23 appearances than Jessica's, I'd be willing to bet more readers preferred Alias to NYX.

I was looking at it from the attempt of finding a comparable book in determining a ball park prediction of a final stable price range, but that's an interesting analysis of the two characters from a story-point as well.

My argument is against being a buyer, and you are acknowledging anyone buying is foolish with your reply(while also asking to buy), so we agree.

If you acknowledge they have no actual value, and you are buying them from me now, how much do you think they will go up between now, when you are paying the current price, and when you plan to sell them.

I never said I would pay the current price. (shrug)

No actual value? A dollar bill has no actual value.

But that’s precisely the problem. As good as they may be, these are Bendis' own stories, following his own poetics. The Marvel age no longer has anything to do with this, especially after Civil War.

And Miller’s Daredevil, albeit twenty years before, presented in germ the very same problems. As much as one likes it, Miller's Daredevil in its essence is already a departure from the Marvel age and its poetics.

100% correct.

Daredevil #4 :gossip:

Yea, those are pretty affordable.

Actually they are. Mid grade to VF is very affordable compared to other key early SA Marvels

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Silver-Age-195669-/73/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=daredevil+4

you said:

"i'll take all you have"

like people often do on these boards, as if that some how adds weight to a discussion. But you clearly dont actually mean it. Anyone would take a book for less than it currently sells for on ebay...

If you wont pay the current going price, then you will not "take all that I or anyone else has". You further more said that if you did have copies you would sell them all.

Thus, you and I agree completely agree on the book, and its value. The only difference is that I am saying, "anyone reading this thread dont buy it for an inflated price", and you are saying, "I want to sell these to suckers at an inflated price".

Edited by CBT