• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

But, I think we can say with confidence that slabbed 9.8's will maintain the 250 to 300 range. NM raws will comfortably live in the 100 to 125 range. In addition, the book has jumped about $40 for raws in the last month, and about $75 for slabs. Maybe not alot of growth left, but the prices should be stable.

Definitely WILL NOT be a $100 raw book.

I don't believe this book is now suddenly a modern "key". Movies and TV show appearances don't turn first appearance books into overnight "keys". Books of note, perhaps but not "keys".

That term is bandied about far too casually.

-J.

Incorrect again. This book didnt turn lucrative "overnight"

Notice, I've used the word "lucrative" as opposed to key just to keep you happy (thumbs u

This book is about as key as it gets for a modern book. 1st Jessica Jones, 1st Max title. Character is known by a lot of non comic book fans...This book was a pretty big deal at the time too because the themes and adult content hadn't ever been done like this with mainstream Marvel characters. I agree that calling a comic with one of the 50 million characters that are appearing in the Suicide Squad movie a key is overkill, but she has her own series. This is different than a character that appears on Arrow for an episode or two. Her publishing history hasn't been all that great with only her two series that didn't run all that long, but a lot of people know who she is.

I don't believe this book is now suddenly a modern "key". Movies and TV show appearances don't turn first appearance books into overnight "keys". Books of note, perhaps but not "keys".

That term is bandied about far too casually.

-J.

I just finished . It was awesome. So cool to see cage, nuke, purple man, hellcat and jj. They are nailing this Netflix stuff. I would not bet against this book . I also beleve there is a ton they can do with Miss Jones. I don't think it should be compared to DD . It's a different style and stands on it's own as a psychological thriller. A++++++++++ MHO.

But, I think we can say with confidence that slabbed 9.8's will maintain the 250 to 300 range. NM raws will comfortably live in the 100 to 125 range. In addition, the book has jumped about $40 for raws in the last month, and about $75 for slabs. Maybe not alot of growth left, but the prices should be stable.

Wanna take that back?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-2001-Marvel-1-NM-9-2-9-4-1st-App-Jessica-Jones-NETFLIX-DAREDEVIL-HOT-/291617194280?hash=item43e5bd4128:g:z40AAOSwT4lWSNzZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-1-Jessica-Jones-1st-app-NM-TO-NM-TV-SHOW-COMING-/231759099904?hash=item35f5eb3800:g:D7UAAOSwcdBWTpGW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-2-3-Marvel-MAX-2001-FIRST-PRINTS-1st-Appearance-of-JESSICA-JONES-Netflix-/172003519285?hash=item280c356b35:g:WHAAAOSwIwhWTT3Z

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-1-NETFLIX-DAREDEVIL-BENDIS-GAYDOS-9-6-1st-JESSICA-JONES-NM-/262152012184?hash=item3d097a4198:g:bpQAAOSwLzdWTqSI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-HIGH-GRADE-2001-MARVEL-MAX-COMICS-1st-JESSICA-JONES-NETFLIX-/201470733081?hash=item2ee8976b19:g:T8gAAOSwv-NWT9r4

Thanks, I did my research. For the past 2 weeks NM have been consistent on eBay around $100, this is a $40 jump from late September.

Notice, I've used the word "lucrative" as opposed to key just to keep you happy (thumbs u

Be careful too much disagreement and the notify button will be hit and you'll get a strike for badgering

Be careful too much disagreement and the notify button will be hit and you'll get a strike for badgering

I've already humped it for this post

I disagree with post humping...hit the button... :roflmao:

I think it's a legit key now, and will continue to be.

On the one hand, it was hyped upon release because of the Luke Cage sex scene; on the other, it cooled off within a few months & then lay dormant for a full decade --- so not a lot of people had these prior to the show announcement.

There will be a _lot_ more collectors/speculators/investors, etc. looking for this book now that the show's actually turned out to be good.

Me and Arch have an understanding. I send him sweet comics and he leaves me alone. :whee:

hqdefault.jpg

Um this is already proved wrong...

On the one hand, it was hyped upon release because of the Luke Cage sex scene; on the other, it cooled off within a few months & then lay dormant for a full decade --- so not a lot of people had these prior to the show announcement.

There will be a _lot_ more collectors/speculators/investors, etc. looking for this book now that the show's actually turned out to be good.

That's not how it works, though - the speculators/investors buy copies leading up the release of the show, with the hope that a collector will watch the show and go "OMG - that was fantastic, I need to buy me an Alias #1".

Which is why the prices always peak prior to the release of the show.

But the show sucks. (shrug)

Does it get better after the 1st few?