• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

Little is known about the part Ethan Hawke is playing in Moon Knight, the upcoming Marvel series on Disney+ — but the actor is basing the character on notorious cult leader David Koresh.

Hawke shared the creepy news when he dropped by Late Night on Thursday. Host Seth Meyers immediately noted that Hawke’s long hair, glasses and surroundings for the virtual interview made him look like the infamous head of the Branch Davidians who died in the Waco siege of 1993.

“I’ve based my character on David Koresh!” replied an impressed Hawke. “I guess it’s working. You’re good, Seth. Or maybe I’m not out of character yet.”

Meyers joked that he was a “huge fan” of Koresh, to which a laughing Hawke responded, “I don’t think we want to be on the record saying that. I will say that he is the basis of great character inspiration, however.”

SUPER SPOILER - Don't open unless you like to ruin things for yourself.

Leaked photo of the Moon Knight costume that has being doing the rounds today (note, this might be only one of several costumes. More info in spoiler with image). So far seems legit, but who knows with the internet these days :D

so yeah...SPOILER

Spoiler

mx1nrf1z35h71.thumb.jpg.b1420eab856d02d20720437549a99983.jpg

There is talk that this is his earliest suit, right after Marc's first death and he's incorporated the Khonshu cape into the suit - hence it being all strips of 'mummy' fabric and looking unfinished and very old n' dirty.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 8/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Leaked photo of the Moon Knight costume that has being doing the rounds today (note, this might be only one of several costumes. More info in spoiler with image). So far seems legit, but who knows with the internet these days :D

so yeah...SPOILER

Reveal hidden contents

There is talk that this is his earliest suit, right after Marc's first death and he's incorporated the Khonshu cape into the suit - hence it being all strips of 'mummy' fabric and looking unfinished and very old n' dirty.

Hmmmmmmmm... not sure.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:48 AM, Sauce Dog said:

so yeah...SPOILER

Reveal hidden contents

I showed this picture to a friend and he replied, "looks like it needs washing."

On 8/13/2021 at 11:49 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Which would be the case of any fabric that was around some 4,000+ years old :D

I like the look and :wishluck: it will be better than the hot :censored: Marvel has been serving recently. 

On 8/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, TupennyConan said:

Will MK be the first current superhero whose suit doesn't feature hexagonal mesh & big chunks of plastic armor?   

There is a very real, non-zero chance that at some point a supporting character will look at his ancient rags costume and tell him "I like the look, those fabrics really scream 21st century...BCE. How about we bring you into the CE."* and then cue new outfit montage.

* except this being a show for the plebs, they will use the long outdated terminology BC and AD. 'Cause people can't learn new things. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 8/13/2021 at 2:07 PM, Sauce Dog said:

There is a very real, non-zero chance that at some point a supporting character will look at his ancient rags costume and tell him "I like the look, those fabrics really scream 21st century...BCE. How about we bring you into the CE." and then cue new outfit montage.

I'm on the fence on the suit it definitely stands out amongst the rest of the MCU, and I'm sure it'll grow on me once I see it finished. The D+ shows are way more adventurous in the costuming department.

I think it could be equally likely if they go the D.I.D. route the different personalities see Moon Knight in different ways. So one may see Mr. Knight, another may see a more heroic classic MCU costume. Between Lockley, Grant, and Spector they could each experience their own reality

On 8/13/2021 at 8:48 AM, Sauce Dog said:

so yeah...SPOILER

Hide contents

wow! no one told me Ragman was getting a movie!

ragman.jpg

Isaac is having quite the moment right now, between his roles on HBO's Scenes From a Marriage and in Denis Villeneuve's Dune. He recently sat down with Variety's Awards Circuit podcast to discuss his recent roles, including Moon Knight. Isaac had plenty of praise for his directors, and he also shared his excitement for the entire project. Making things even more intriguing is Marvel boss Kevin Feige's reaction to the show, which Isaac said is pretty positive:

“[Directors] Mohamed [Diab] and [Justin] Benson and [Aaron] Moorhead, they were so fantastic. I couldn’t believe my luck and how collaborative the situation was. I’m really excited and hopeful. I don’t know if it’ll work, we took some big swings, ya know! And even Kevin said, ‘I don’t like to count my chickens before they hatch, I’m feeling good but you never know!’ So hopefully it’ll look as good as it felt.”

:headbang::applause:

On 1/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, Bosco685 said:

moon_knight.thumb.jpg.ef02287e92dd3c4811512c45078672c0.jpg

So excited for this, though that one scene in the video killed some of my buzz.

Spoiler

The shot of his costume transforming around him. Seems like they are making it 'appear' as needed like the dozens of other symbiot/nano/tech costumes that, IMHO, have become an overused comic movie trope at this point. I really miss heroes having to actually get dressed or being caught without their gear.

Edited by Sauce Dog

I agree it's an overused trope, but I can deal with it in MK's case. It makes a certain kind of sense.