• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Scarcity Index Numbers 7 thru 9

89 posts in this topic

I would say it is more like a 6 still not a ton around,i think that great cover made people tuck it away.Gator would have a handle on it for he is the #1 Centaur man on the boards.But does it really matter how many great copies out there just not enough of that one to feed the collectors :)
:blush:

maybe #1 active, but I take a back seat to JBcomicbox and centaurman and maybe even sacentaur, though I don't think he is a completist lol

there are probably 50 or less amf2/5 out there in the wild...that would be a "generous" estimate imo

I would say it is more like a 6 still not a ton around,i think that great cover made people tuck it away.Gator would have a handle on it for he is the #1 Centaur man on the boards.But does it really matter how many great copies out there just not enough of that one to feed the collectors :)

maybe #1 active, but I take a back seat to JBcomicbox and centaurman and maybe even sacentaur, though I don't think he is a completist lol

there are probably 50 or less amf2/5 out there in the wild...that would be a "generous" estimate imo

How many VF unrestored copys - handful?

Edited by Johnny545

We all take a back seat to Jon Berk but you are the most active board man to go to for Centaur info.And i can always get a response from your knowledge of the market. (thumbs u

What about the Amazing Mystery Everett covers like this one, where do they rank?

They never seem to turn up, of course I say that and one pops up on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Mystery-Funnies-Vol-2-No-5-May-1939-VF-/331658173891?hash=item4d385e1dc3

never got alert :cry:

He also sold a ST110 CGC 8.0 w for 5k. Well below GPA.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8873070#Post8873070

Interesting, a legitimate seller too. What's FMV on this Amazing Mystery Funnies assuming it is VF+ (big assumption) the last sale I'm seeing is the billy wright 7.5 (second highest) selling in 2011 for 8k+.

Ted VanLiew sold a similar copy for $10K to a boardie!!

I bought that copy, but it wasn't $10k. I paid about the same as the Billy Wright went for and it's in a similar grade.

I know it's funny animal...but it's the only one graded and I just wonder how

many more are out there?

<a  href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2890/12330532653_f1139f3e68_z.jpg' alt='12330532653_f1139f3e68_z.jpg'>ZOO FUNNIES #101 (1)

mm

How many VF unrestored copys - handful?

I've see a half dozen or so

We all take a back seat to Jon Berk but you are the most active board man to go to for Centaur info.And i can always get a response from your knowledge of the market. (thumbs u

:headbang:

many more are out there?

<a  href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2890/12330532653_f1139f3e68_z.jpg' alt='12330532653_f1139f3e68_z.jpg'>ZOO FUNNIES #101 (1)

mm

Never seen it and i think awesome is the word MM

many more are out there?

mm

Never seen it and i think awesome is the word MM

Thanks!

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

Since my focus is on pre-code horror and crime, I certainly can't comment on '40's super-hero or funny animal fare, but in looking over my collection (I've got a butt-load of Gerber 6's), here are three 7's;

1zxw8ih.jpg

many more are out there?

mm

Internet search suggests there are other copies kicking around. GCD has one pictured on their site. The DCM has scanned a copy. Etc.

I think the Gerber books were great when they came out and they were very useful. They are part of what made me want to collect rare comics. When I see a book I have never seen before, the first place I check is the scarcity rating in the Gerber even to this day.The scarcity ratings are almost obsolete now but if they were rare back then, they will probably be somewhat rare now.

This would be at least a 9

DefendHome%20001_zps3caskbxh.jpg

There was a massive search for Archie official outfitters comic and people were like this is the rarest Archie ever but what people don't realize is that that outfitter comic is just a group of Archie magazines. There are several different ones. Look in the last Hake's guide and you will see pictures of the outfitter one and a couple of others. All of them are rare. Here is one. This probably a 9.

ArchieOctMag%20001_zpstzlqwxec.jpg

This is probably a Gerber 9 and I have two of them. This one is in toilet paper condition and I paid way more for this one and the other one is like a 6.0!!!!!! lol

youth001.jpg

This one probably more 8... But rare nonetheless.