• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Scarcity Index Numbers 7 thru 9

89 posts in this topic

15 years of CGC grading and still only two copies have ever been graded or surfaced to my knowledge [which blows my mind]. Gerber 10 all the way: :cloud9:

Cap74C.jpg

most Canadians cant spell to address label to get to cgc :baiting:

I have a lot of Gerber 5,6,7s and maybe an 8, but I recently found this Gerber 5 after looking for it for 20+ years. I've shown it to 2 long-time dealers and neither had ever seen it before. I have to believe this book is higher than a 5 rating. Have any of you (besides Robot Man) ever seen or owned this book?

2gtukiv.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

It's kinda weird but, the day I found it Robot man had just posted his raggedy copy (lol) in one of the threads...so, after posting a snarky comment about how lucky he was I immediately went to ebay and there was my copy for sale in a BIN listing...The Comic God's were smiling on me that day... :cloud9:

So, I don't know if there are any in the census because I haven't looked (I have problems getting to the census...), but we now know there are at least 3 copies out there, the one in Gerber, Robot man's, and mine... lol

Edited by tricolorbrian

I have a lot of Gerber 5,6,7s and maybe an 8, but I recently found this Gerber 5 after looking for it for 20+ years. I've shown it to 2 long-time dealers and neither had ever seen it before. I have to believe this book is higher than a 5 rating. Have any of you (besides Robot Man) ever seen or owned this book?

2gtukiv.jpg

I've got this copy:

truesportsv310.jpg

It's kinda weird but, the day I found it Robot man had just posted his raggedy copy (lol) in one of the threads...so, after posting a snarky comment about how lucky he was I immediately went to ebay and there was my copy for sale in a BIN listing...The Comic God's were smiling on me that day... :cloud9:

So, I don't know if there are any in the census because I haven't looked (I have problems getting to the census...), but we now know there are at least 3 copies out there, the one in Gerber, Robot man's, and mine... lol

:cry: that's crazy your mentioned Robots copy because when he posted, as soon as I saw it at least, I scoured the Internet including eBay to no avail...you must have beat me to the punch (thumbs u Super neat book!!

Cool...we now know there are at least 4 copies... :applause: How long have you had yours, and how did you find it? Maybe we should start a club for this book and see how many come out of the Internet shadows... :idea:

There was a complete run of True Sports in a recent CC monthly auction. I was filling some holes in the run, won a few, got outbid on some others. Wasn't looking for this issue in particular, just sort of fell into it.

Probably a 9. This is a Richard Outcault giveaway. This is the only one I have ever seen.

001_zps6og0tqbe.jpg

This is a great early newspaper giveaway but I hate to tell you that there are several of them in the hobby. I have two or three myself.

Cool...we now know there are at least 4 copies... :applause: How long have you had yours, and how did you find it? Maybe we should start a club for this book and see how many come out of the Internet shadows... :idea:

Zero copies on the census. In 2007, Heritage sold the Crippen copy (raw, graded FN) for $45. Whoever bought it apparently never had it slabbed. That seems to be the only copy Heritage has sold.

I know it's a Promotional Comic but it does appear to be the only one listed or

shown anywhere, even in Overstreet.

VARIANT EDITION CGC #0220136001

Original edition with extra illustrated panels on cover

<a  href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5481/10580054226_e0949c4d62_z.jpg' alt='10580054226_e0949c4d62_z.jpg'>IMG PETER PENNY GRADED COPY

mm