• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comic Action # 1 vs. Original Art Grail

76 posts in this topic

iam a member. and i don,t ever recall seeing any such topic on this matter. i think for the most part, becuase no body has ever came forward that claimed to see these cover in koch,s collection with there own two eyes.

and most of the guys on comic art l are pretty much up on there game with this stuff. if any one really knew the story. we would have saw something by now. most of the big collectors know each other it kind of hard to keep something like this a secret.

now i met koch at a new york show about 15 years and he had like two tables of art. i remember seeing lots and lots complete marvel stories on his tables and was in awe at the time. now could he have the spidy cover # 1 maybe. but then again you have a lot of big shooters that know koch. and i think we would have heard something by now if that was a fact. larry ;]

and most of the guys on comic art l are pretty much up on there game with this stuff. if any one really knew the story. we would have saw something by now. most of the big collectors know each other it kind of hard to keep something like this a secret.

Who says it's a secret? confused-smiley-013.gif There are plenty of people who know and will tell you, off the record, the whole story of how the stolen art got stolen and who in the hobby was involved. Nobody seems to want to stir the 893censored-thumb.gif, though, especially since a lot of the stolen art has now been dispersed throughout the collecting community.

iam a member. and i don,t ever recall seeing any such topic on this matter. i think for the most part, becuase no body has ever came forward that claimed to see these cover in koch,s collection with there own two eyes.

now i met koch at a new york show about 15 years and he had like two tables of art. i remember seeing lots and lots complete marvel stories on his tables and was in awe at the time. now could he have the spidy cover # 1 maybe. but then again you have a lot of big shooters that know koch. and i think we would have heard something by now if that was a fact. larry ;]

Trust me desertdog,

Peter Koch is the owner of most of the key Silver Age art....HOWEVER,...there is ZERO evidence he stole anything or is in possession of stolen property. like Delicatessen are twits with a belief they know the law,..HE (they) DOES NOT !!!!

That said,...the ASM #10 interior book that was sold on Heritage a couple of years ago was defintely a Koch submission. I have first hand knowledge of this fact from my inside guy at Heritage. Moreover, Heritage received a letter from Mr. D saying he didnt want to see any more art sold...or else !!!!

We will see this art surface,..imho,..when the issue of potential legal claims gets absolved vis-a-vis the death of Mr. D.

...and not before that date.

Has the fact Koch owns the infamous "stolen art" ever been discussed on the Comic Art "L" ? I bet those rabid dogs would love to rant on this topic. devil.gif

The Comic Art L is an OLD BOYS NETWORK that is way past its prime. They do not discuss the truth in open forum.

ha ha. the old boys network. now that funny. now while i do enjoy reading post by some of the guys there.and even know a few of them. you do have a few of the big shots carry on like they belong to a secret frat group. or something.

but for the most part your right. they have rules on flame wars with other members and you for sure will not see any such topics on pointing fingers at a certain members or people doing evil deeds that may bring legal charges brought toward them.

which i totally agree because we have enough outhouse lawyers on these boards anyway who love to speak on subjects using 3rd party info. and while iam sure koch has a lot of art i know he also sold some of the art. how much i have no ideal but it safe to say he does not have as much as he had when i met him 15 years ago. which still means he most likely has a lot left. the guys had a few thousand pages on the table when i saw him. larry ;]

Welcome to the boards! Do you know what portions are missing?

I mean the story is broken up.

I have seen a single page from this book. Dan, how many pages would you estimate exist from this book?

Personally, I think its an over-rated book. No more valuable than a page from Daredevil # 1 or Avengers # 1. I would much much rather see a page from Hulk # 1 or J.I.M 83 as these single superheros are more memorable than the "team books".

OBVIOUSLY, I would rather have a page from Amazing Spiderman # 1, the crown jewel of comic books.

I think people are impressed with Fantastic Four # 1 pages because they are so hard to find.

KK

Ouch... OOch... Eechh! 893whatthe.gifMy favorite comic book of all time, the FF, being compared with Daredevil. To my way of thinking, this team started it all for Marvel and their wild and cosmic exploits combined with the soap opera factor made each issue a treasure! I'd love a page from FF #1... more than most pages. Probably the only thing I would like more is the page #4 from Avengers #4. To me, an FF1 would be even slightly higher than a page from Spidey 1, although I'd have to think about that one. Spidey #1 is complete to the best of my knowledge. DF

Ouch... OOch... Eechh! 893whatthe.gifMy favorite comic book of all time, the FF, being compared with Daredevil. To my way of thinking, this team started it all for Marvel and their wild and cosmic exploits combined with the soap opera factor made each issue a treasure! I'd love a page from FF #1... more than most pages. Probably the only thing I would like more is the page #4 from Avengers #4. To me, an FF1 would be even slightly higher than a page from Spidey 1, although I'd have to think about that one. Spidey #1 is complete to the best of my knowledge. DF

crazy.gif

A page from FF 1 over ASM 1 . . . . makepoint.gif

crazy.gif

A page from FF 1 over ASM 1 . . . . makepoint.gif

which of us the little guy with the hammer... I don't think it's so far-fetched. I would have to think about it though; it would be a tough choice. One that I'm sure I will be faced with one day... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif