• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocDave Frazetta Auction

222 posts in this topic

Just got back home. Thanks again.

Brian, the only piece I kept was the portrtrait/caricature that Frank gifted to me. On my very last Frazetta youtube video I concluded with an image of my desk and bare walls with only that portrait hanging up. Very poignant.

I plan to do a thorough analysis of the results on my blog site once I digest all the results. I was surprised by a lot of it. But, then again, the results of all these auctions seem to constantly surprise the hell out of me! :)

Thank you for all the good wishes!!

Dave

I posted the Frazetta erotic images this morning: the complete stories have never been published. So much great Frazetta still remains to be seen.

http://www.fritzfrazetta.blogspot.com

Whoah... cool art, but how about a NSFW tag? :foryou:

I'll enjoy looking at it from home, but don't need frazetta dong popping up here :)

Wait, are you new to Frazetta? lol

One other original art sale should be mentioned. The great Canaveral plate of the Mahar and Virgin sold two years ago for $150k in an all cash (no trade) deal. That original is considered one of the very greatest Frazetta drawings and now resides in China with a very prominent collector who specializes in sumi-e inkwash paintings and drawings.

Thank you.

DocDave Winiewicz

One other original art sale should be mentioned. The great Canaveral plate of the Mahar and Virgin sold two years ago for $150k in an all cash (no trade) deal. That original is considered one of the very greatest Frazetta drawings and now resides in China with a very prominent collector who specializes in sumi-e inkwash paintings and drawings.

Thank you.

DocDave Winiewicz

I was wondering about that piece since they are making a statue of it. I hope these pieces go to people who enjoy the works and not one of those Freeports.

I enjoyed your videos and thoughts about the works leading up to the auctions. I've never seen an original Frazetta piece before but I remember having a print of one of his works then getting the limited Icon book and being shocked at the jump in quality. I bet the originals are even more impressive in real life. Perhaps one day I'll see one.

Hey, Crime-stoppers!

Has anyone here been invoiced for the DocDave Frazetta auction? PIH expects payment within seven days of receipt of an invoice, but I as yet haven't gotten one via email or regular mail. I just emailed to enquire and got this message:

Thank you for your email. Profiles in History will be closed from December 23 through January 3. We will respond to your email in the New Year.

Is everybody else awaiting an invoice to pay, or is it just me?

Pax,

Sean

Thank you.

DocDave Winiewicz

I was wondering about that piece since they are making a statue of it. I hope these pieces go to people who enjoy the works and not one of those Freeports.

I enjoyed your videos and thoughts about the works leading up to the auctions. I've never seen an original Frazetta piece before but I remember having a print of one of his works then getting the limited Icon book and being shocked at the jump in quality. I bet the originals are even more impressive in real life. Perhaps one day I'll see one.

If you are ever in the PA area you can go to the Frazetta Museum.